That they see every women as either virtuous, chaste women, or total *****. It's bullshit, of course.

Best Answer

So, one woman can't be both to them? Like, love and desire? It would explain a lot though....

Best Answer

Nope. They can be good, virtuous women who are above having sex with, or they are ****** who you can have sex with. They're never in the same person. Weird, and total BS.

Best Answer

It's a feminist idea - a prety good one I may add. Not all men see the world this way, but enough do. <br />
Basically, women are chaste and pure or spoiled *****. The former category would be young girls, faithful mothers, little old ladies, that kind of thing. The latter is women who have the audacity to enjoy sex. The media does it with pop stars a lot, actually. Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears both started out as these kind of virginal teenie pop stars, became adults, and were then branded ***** for daring to... y'know, grow older and allegedly have sex with someone.

Best Answer

I would not classify it as a feminist idea, on the contrary, highly misogynistic. It allows for no gray area in a woman's sexuality when there are but two options, implying that we either are virtuous women to be protected from the debauched world by men or that we are ****** to be shunned and punished. It's a very archaic way of thinking.

Best Answer

Sorry, I wrote that poorly, we're in agreeance here :)
What I meant is that the madonna/***** thing is a feminist observation of male behaviour. The madonna/***** thing is a way for the patriarchy to control women, which would be pointed out by a feminist.

Best Answer

Okay, that makes more sense. I agreed with the second passage, but was confused when you addressed the complex as a feminist idea!

Best Answer

I blame my poor grammar on lack of sleep! Sorry for being confusing!

Best Answer

I don't think you have understood the consequences here, and it is not a feminist idea (Freud was not a woman). If you marry one of these men, you are doomed to a life of no sex/intimacy, as they sub-conciously feel like it would be incestuous (you would not have sex with your mother, would you?). They can , and do, leave their partners to wilt, and the relationship to die, for lack of physical affection, yet will satisfy their needs in whatever way suits them, as long as it does not mean "defiling" this woman they have put on a pedestal!

Best Answer