I'm the person who would tell the truth. I would be pretty honest about it. I would expect the same from anybody. I have, and I want no illusions about my physical state.
TheLovingDominant TheLovingDominant 36-40, M 17 Answers Oct 1, 2012 in Health

Yes. They need to know, especially from someone who loves them.

Best Answer

I'll tell you a spooky story. I was visiting my son of 10 days old in a hospital. He looked like he died 3 days ago. A nurse walked up to me and said, "Mr. , doesn't your son look great today?" I looked the woman in the eye, sad I could not kill her, "He looks like he died three days ago." The nurse looked at the wall of the intensive care nursery, gave a nervous laugh, "I better get a doctor for you to talk to." She hurried off. I'll tell you the truth no matter how hard it hurts. The real question is, would you dare ask me a real question? If you care to know, my son contracted spinal meningitis in that hospital and has severe cerebral palsy and retardation to date. Come dance with me if you dare to court reality.

Best Answer

Why did you feel the need to tell it as you saw it, as opposed to how you would have liked it? I am very sorry about your son's physical state. I am glad to hear that he is alive though. This may seem like an insensitive question, however, my curiosity is getting the best of me; How do you feel about him, as he is, in his present state of being?
Again, please do not misconstrue my question as insensitivity.

Best Answer

I think he is better off dead because greed is so blatantly regarded into today's society. We live in a place where people will bestow mansions and fine cars on people that play children's games like baseball and football. Those same people really resent having to change the diaper of the disabled. My son has to live in a world where most of you hate him. He is better off dead, not because of the universe, but because of our choices to be who we are. I know it's harsh, but it's the truth. Fact is, you only kept him alive so you could make a lot of money off his medical and build fancy football stadiums. You can say otherwise, but your money flow tells the true tale.

Best Answer

I cannot help but respect your answer. Thank you for sharing. I really do appreciate it. I am very sorry that I am using your and your son's pain as a learning experience.

Best Answer

No worries. It's better to learn from it than for all of this miserable pain to go worthless.

Best Answer

I would try to be honest. The last time that occurred, I said, "You look like you should be in a hospital".

Best Answer

I would tell them I've seen them look better and that's the last thing any of us ( loved ones ) are concerned about .

Best Answer

I would say something like, you look as good as to be expected under your current condition.

Best Answer

"You look terrible, you really need to get your **** together."

Best Answer

You look like **** darlin' but you still look wonderful to me..."

Best Answer

You ar worried about looks?

Best Answer

That would depend on their emotional state<br />
I will speak a little white lie I have to

Best Answer

"you're perfect as always" coz he's always perfect to me >> truth&lt;&lt;

Best Answer

Hell no! decline to answer, that way you don't have to be a liar.....just an a**hole.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

I would be honest.

Best Answer

I tell them they're as ugly as ever. A little levity never hurt.

Best Answer

Depends on who it is.

Best Answer