When we rented from him he was uncontactable, we had to go through official channels to get his number and address when we were giving him notice unless he rectified serious problems with the house, gas fittings and electrics. ----- Promises promises, so after 3 months of this we left but I let him keep the deposit because I couldn't be bothered dealing with him. Now 8 months later he contacted us full of apologies and wants our new address so he can forward our mail. So in 8 months he hasn't been to his own property to inspect it. --------- I don't know what he's up to, he's let the place stay vacant all this time. We're liable for nothing plus he kept the deposit and we gave him the property back in better condition than how we received it. 7 and half years not one missed payment or complaint from the locals. Our mail is nothing to him, he can post it back to the post office free of charge so why the sudden concern?
MrOblivious MrOblivious 31-35, M 4 Answers Jan 6 in Community

Unlikely that he's taken to health biscuits and doing good among the poor from what you've said. My suspicion is he's found an angle where he charges you for something and you'll need to prove you aren't liable for it. To prove it may entail more time and expense than the sum he claims.

Best Answer

Thats what I'm thinking but we're on the electoral register at our new house. We're easy to find and everything was done by the book. Any claim he may have I have pics to prove otherwise

Best Answer

Sounds like you're well covered. I have heard of landlords who routinely send a bill on the chance it will be paid without question, just assumed to be legitimate. That doesn't explain the address part. Some areas have a "renter's rights" group, maybe check into that.

Best Answer

I never even thought of that, sending a bill. Good advice thanks

Best Answer

Maybe the one you are dealing with is not the former landlord? Maybe they are are a relative who has inherited the house. Or maybe the old landlord sold it to another..

Best Answer

It's the former landlord all right, I've met and spoken with him a few times before when we first moved in. Last was 8 months ago when I told him I'll post him his keys recorded deilvery

Best Answer

Well he may have been having a breakdown during those time and now has come out of it and decided to set things right? Who knows. :)

Best Answer

He was illegally claiming tax back on service charges that we paid not him, his sort don't have sudden changes of heart or guilt

Best Answer

who cares?

Best Answer