My very first boyfriend and I broke up after a very long time of being together. It was an emotionally abusive relationship, and a lot happened with us but he cared. He truly loved me and proposed to me after about a year. I broke off the engagement and cut contact with him and started dating my now fiance. Today, my ex sent me an email out of the blue, joking and telling me to talk more to him. He's doing well, finished school, working, tattoo and a girlfriend. He's asked for my number, but he's moving back to his home country. The breakup tormented us both for a while, why is he still contacting me? What should I do? How do I react? What do you think he wants? If you need more detail please ask. Thanks.
ThisIsMediocritiesOldAcc ThisIsMediocritiesOldAcc 18-21, F 9 Answers Nov 26, 2012 in First Love

Don't feel like you owe him politeness. If you don't wish to reconnect, then be abrupt. This is to destroy any fantasy in his mind that he still has a chance with you. Leave no room for misunderstanding. Then if he persists after the warning, you have a stalker. I also wouldn't trust his innocent pretense for contacting you. Because you haven't communicated with him in so long, you really cannot know from his words alone what he has been up to.

Best Answer

That was uplifting. Thanks. :)

Best Answer

leave it alone and dont contact him you awnsered your own question ,especially if it was abusive relationship

Best Answer

A tattoo? That would be enough to say no thanks. Move on, he is an ex for a reason

Best Answer

How does ur fiancé feel about this?....or how fo think he'll react then make ur move as to talk to the ex or not

Best Answer

He hates my ex. He's a bad person. Manipulative, I suppose. Problem is i just don't even seem to see it when he talks to me. I'll let him know when he gets home, see what he thinks i should do. The responses on ehre have been really helpful. :)

Best Answer

Good luck and brace urself

Best Answer

You said abusive right? That answers it in my book. As for his motives, no idea.

Best Answer