misery22 misery22 36-40, F 10 Answers Jul 8, 2012

Spanking in my opinion is a slap on the butt or two. The idea is to get the childs attention, and to help them remember that disobeying has consequences.<br />
A beating is abuse, and damages both parent and child.

Best Answer

Spanking if done right is a good thing, but a lot of people abuse their children and call it spanking.

Best Answer

Total Bullish!t. There is a world of difference between a spanking and abuse.

Best Answer

I am in the not spank crowd. I don't have a high opinion of my mom and I now see where the spankings I got (fully clothed) was the foundation of it...

Best Answer

This "new" study you talk about started 20+ years ago and look at all the emotionally unstable kids/young adults we have since it was deemed abuse to spank your own child. If it was really so bad, why are the people who are older (or got spanked anyway) emotionally doing 100 times better than these so called emotionally damaged children? A spanking gives a child a set limit, if they pass it "swat". This helps them know their limits in a safe and secure way. I'm sure I don't need to reiterate spank, not abusive beating. That study is pure bull-sh**.<br />
I am speaking from experience, I never spanked my daughter and she is bi-polar and depressed. My son, who got a few swats on the butt, is stable and mature.

Best Answer

Most of the answers here make perfect sense!<br />
Esp. with younger children-Thier minds are Not developed enough to reason with!<br />
Tring to reason with a 3 or 5 yr old is just Dumb!<br />
Again--There is a big differance between BEATING&ABUSE & A spanking!!

Best Answer

Not spank. Just you're bigger that does not give you the right to commit battery.

Best Answer