You know what I mean - real country music that can either cause you to cry or to smile or to want to dance, sometimes all within one song. I love the country of the 40s through the 70s, when commercialization started taking over. Part of this is because my favorite instruments are guitars, banjos, fiddles, mandolins, etc.
stankadiddlehopper stankadiddlehopper 51-55, M 11 Answers Jul 11, 2012

Those are them... not-musical people... Me - I like BOTH kinds of music.. Country AND Western! No twang = not good.

Best Answer

The twang of the vocals. Unless of course you're talking about Patsy Cline. I love PC.

Best Answer

The twang fits right in with the twang of all the musical instruments.

Best Answer

Which would be why I'm not a fan...

Best Answer

This is another vote for twang. I think, for me, sometimes the twang and drawwwnn ouut vowels distract from the song's melody and story. Someone else mentioned a yodeling sound and that's not attractive to me either. I respect it for what it is but find it difficult to listen to.

Best Answer

The twang. The sound. The style. I like something I can bang my head to. Something I can scream along to. Not yodeling.

Best Answer

I don't know, but it doesn't bother me. I guess I kind of grew up on that genre too.

Best Answer