Ok so for a long time now I've been going to college now, for about 5 years and I have a brother who just started college as well, he has gotten everything he wanted and his parents helped him and still help him with college payments / car payments / and other expenses. However this makes my brother with a bit of an entitlement complex in which everything should be given to him on a silver platter. Years pass and my parents get divorced, and they some what blame my brother and me because we caused them some anguish but the fact of the matter was, my father didn't love my mother and more and visa versa. So now I come to tonight to where my father just got done drinking 6 14oz, my brother brought over some friends (mind you my brother holds no responsibility in picking up after himself) and my father and brother get into a very heated argument about water bottles and how my brother doesn't fill them up after taking them out the fridge. Father gets upset, yells for everyone to get "out of his f***ing house" and that he, "can't take this anymore." So my brother and his friends leave and then im stuck with my father while trying to keep him calm and to state that, " he's acting like a manic, stop that" and then goes on a tirade on how he hates my brother and wish he could disown him, and how he calls my mother a ***** right in front of me however he is as hard headed as them both. Long story short, my father wants to disown my brother, take his car away (which should have been done a long time ago IMO) and never want to see him again. I talk to my father that "he still is your son and you can't just do that." So i let him talk all his negativity out so that way he can calm himself, and threatens to throw me out (Which isn't a big deal to me considering I can live on my own just I'm going to college, working and living close to college and home so i can build some nice revenue). So here I am, alone in my room, wanting to know how am I to defuse this with the minimum amount of drama, or lessen the drama. Note: My brothers friends thought my father was an absolute lunatic tonight. Also note: I'm a pretty chill and mellow guy, stuff like this I can handle but however has put me, over the years to care too much into things to which I get panic attacks now for, so I try to stay out of arguments and much as possible.
noyou4 noyou4 22-25 7 Answers Jun 24, 2012

Get out of the house and go take care of you

Best Answer

well said

Best Answer

maybe you should move out

Best Answer

Maybe if your brother put more responsibility toward his own car payments and college, your dad can focus on his own life more and not be so stressed.

Best Answer

Your dad truly does sound like a lunatic. My advice is to get away from him and out on your own as soon as possible. We become what we are around and you don't want to be like him. Hang in there. I'm sorry it's rough.

Best Answer

I hear ya. I hate to use that nice nest egg I saved up, but yeah it does seem apparent that the saving ambition is over if I want to come out on top. Thanks

Best Answer

5 years in college?

Best Answer

Engineering degree, failed on class, put me a year back, I graduate this fall.

Best Answer

one*

Best Answer