Because we live in a Capitalist society. The system requires inequality, the extreme winner and the extreme loser.
nerdbabe102 nerdbabe102 18-21, F 8 Answers Dec 10, 2012 in Hobbies

Trickle-down economics didn't work. Greed prevailed.

Best Answer

So true

Best Answer

Because making jobs means having a business environment that promotes the flow of wealth so that your company can collect that wealth and expand. Profit. The middle class are much more strapped than they used to be, and paying Americans a fair wage to work is more expensive than paying foreigners dirt and then selling the products here. In this way, the middle class is slowly bled dry. At which point the demand levels are suppressed and no jobs are created because of that. It will turn around when we agree to work for dirt as well, or we could try instituting some policies to protect and insulate our market from this sort of thing. The likely result higher prices of goods, but at the same time more jobs to go around.

Tax rates on the wealthy are minimally influential on their decisions to try to make money.

Best Answer

Well that's just it.

Now prepare for the barrage of ******* idiots.

Best Answer

Haha right? I'm waiting for them.

Best Answer

No--there is a middle ground-- it's just not in the jobs that used to exist. I could spend all day trying to find someone who can work on my electronics or do my hair or blow my leaves. I spend thirty bucks an hour on some chick to pull my weeds. The jobs are there and if you wanna make more--you gotta be smart. Wicked smart. That's capitalism. I used to clean houses and I did it very well and why I now look for someone to clean my house. And they don't do it very well. Cause capitalism is merely the chance to do whatever. I paid more in September on taxes than I earned in a year, ten years ago. Work--it's the only anodyne. And in capitalism it pays off. Chose another system--I'll thrive in that too, cause that's what I do. Figure it out and make it work. I work. And I see why the wealthy complain so cause most of them worked too. And people today--don't work. Your sweat is the capital in capitalism.

Best Answer

Are talking about athletes who swim? Who are paid professionals? What makes you think they don't pay taxes?

Best Answer

What?

Best Answer

Oh. Hahaha! I don't know the answer. Other than for as much as those people make, they could never actually reduce the debt Obama ran up the last four years. It's laughable that anyone thinks so. No, cutting back spending is more reasonable. Obama blasted Bush for military spending, but what has he done to reduce it? And why send billions of US taxpayer dollars to the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt when 40+ million people are on foodstamps? And why does he keep blaming republicans when the republican controlled house turned in a budget the last three years and Obama and his democrat senate couldn't pass one?!?

Best Answer

Bush racked up more debt than Obama and he ended a war. The tax cuts happened long before Obama, so its pretty funny that you're trying to blame it on him for it not working. You also have it backwards, Republicans have so much hate for Obama that they have blocked everything he's tried to do. How is he supposed to fix things when no one will work with him?

Best Answer

In 8 years. Obama did it in 4.
http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?pageType=politics&catid=57400369&feed_id=3&videofeed=39
The republicans have sent a budget to the senate EVERY YEAR of Obama's presidency and your dem senate and prez couldn't. Who's fault is it then that the county is where it is? Obama should be leadin by example, rescuing across the aisle. Instead he cries like a babay and demands that no republican can say no to his policies. Excuse me, but he won the vote by LESS THAN 1%. That is NO mandate.

Best Answer

*Excuse my spelling*. He MUST work with everyone. He has no mandate to make demands.

Best Answer

He won the Ellectoral College by 126. The popular vote close to 4 million. 7 out of 8 battle ground states and both Romney's and Ryan's home states. It wasn't even close.

Best Answer

Umm. Wrong. But so was I. The actual stats are Obama winning 50.93% of the popular vote, and the rest of the votes split amongst Romney and other presidential candidates at 49.07. 1.86% is STILL NO MANDATE. The American public is split pretty evenly on not wanting Obama in office. And, he still increased our debt in LESS time than Bush. Show me exactly how you think taxing the rich more is going to help get us out of debt? $16 trillion in debt? Do you really believe the rich will just roll over and pay more for a bunch of wusses who want the government to take care of them? Please. They have enough money to pay accountants to find the loopholes so they don't have to pay more taxes so you won't get the money you think you deserve. Which by the way, since you didn't earn it, you don't to deserve it. None of us do. There's nothing right about stealing money from other people. Ah, but get them to HELP you. Donate their money. Isn't that more the American way? If I was rich I'd say, 'screw all these haters. I'm leaving, and taking my corporations and jobs with me I'm tired of being overtaxed. I pay MORE than my fair share'.

Best Answer

1. You're missing the point of the question. I do not think raising taxes on the rich will fix the debt. I'm saying it will not create jobs. You give the rich extra money what do you think they're gonna do, create new jobs for their fellow man? Or buy a new yate? I'm thinking the latter. 2. The rich should be taxed more, its only common sense. I think they should only have to pay their fair share, not bleed them dry. But if they would rather take their jobs to other countries, punishing us, so that they can make extra millions they do not even need, then I would call that greedy.

Best Answer

But how is paying more taxes 'more fair' just because they make more money? You do realize that 47% of Americans pay absolutely NO taxes, right? How is that fair?!? And who are you to tell someone who works hard at making money and is successful, that they are greedy and should give more of it away? Who decided you should be the moral authority in this country?

Best Answer

Why is it so easy to believe that millions are being lazy rather than a few are being greedy? 47% doesn't pay taxes PLEASE fact check on UNBIASED sites. Why do you believe all CEOs work hard? Most of them don't do jack **** and got easy breaks. Tell me, who needs hundereds of millions of dollars? No one. They already have millions, why can't they sacrafice? Why should the elederly sacrafice their social security instead? If they have to loose a little to create jobs in America for people so they can get off of goverment assistance but choose not to, then yes that makes them greedy. Lord knows if I was a billionare I wouldn't be one for long because I would be helping other who weren't as pleased. Who decided that you should be the moral authority in this country? You're fighting for the tax breaks of people who don't care about you.

Best Answer
Best Answer

What tax breaks do they have? And fact check yourself. That number also happens to include the 47 million Americans on foodstamps thanks to Obama's policies. Oh, and you really think someone making $250k isn't going to hurt when their taxes go up? Who are you to suppose you have the right to say they're being greedy? Cuz obama wants raise taxes on people making that much too. How much do you think someone who makes a quarter mil can put a dent the $16 trillion debt obama gave us? Obama said we all had to sacrifice to get his policies 'working'. So what are you sacrificing? I'm giving more than my fair share, thank you very much.

Best Answer

I did fact check, always do. Every President creates debt, quit watching faux news and learn. I sacrifice too, everyone does, so get off your high horse. Foodstamps weren't created by Obama, so don't act like America was money making perfect machine until he came along. Who are you to say they are not being greedy?

Best Answer
Best Answer

Did you really read that article? The figures may be anomalous, but if more of those people were paying taxes again that's more money going to the Feds. Instead, less money is going to the Feds and MORE taxpayers money is going to jobless and other welfare recipients. If obama did his job and created the jobs he promised we would not be where we are today. And Obama gave money from the stimulus package to his cronies who make those millions of dollars at Bank of America and the like. You wanna blame somebody? Blame the president for doing a crappy job. He took care of his friends and shafted the rest of us.
http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/082012-622863-crony-socialism-still-with-us.htm

Best Answer

Sure sure. We are obviously not getting anywhere only bringing up new stuff, so goodnight

Best Answer

Not bringing up new stuff. I've mentioned Obama's failure at fixing our debt and keeping his promises several times. Nothing new here. You just don't want to believe it might be true.

Best Answer

Nah, I've done my research and picked a side. You should try and see that CEOs who take advantage of us, cause just as much harm as any of the poor who take advantage. Still, most of this was besides the point of my question. Thanks for the arguement though.

Best Answer

Reagan's theory of "trickle-down" economics is false. When the wealthy get tax breaks, the wealthy don't create more jobs. The wealthy just get more greedy.

Best Answer

Add a response...try me

Best Answer