ok i work in the health fireld and have so since i was 15 (volunteer) then work since i was 16 i am almost 21, so i have had many tb skin test. always the same , get the shots wait a few day then obviously told im negative for tb. this time within a minute or two my arm where the shot was swoll up and is red. the place where the tb germ was injected is round (the size of a quater) and is red. should i be alarmed ( i got to have it looked at tomorow and go for my second shot) i know even if im positive it could just be dormant and not cause me any problems . has any of yall had this kind of problem b4?
mmc2012 mmc2012 18-21, F 7 Answers Jun 6, 2009

My mom tests positive for tb everytime she gets the test. She is a carrier, so she doesn't have it, just carries the germ. <br />
I hope this is helpful to you! Good Luck.

Best Answer

It could be the person who stuck you or an allergy to it or something else in the liquid. I had that happen one time it was gone by the time the read it and all negative. I think its common. Worst that happens is you get a chest x-ray to prove differently.

Best Answer

I wouldn't put too much stock in it. I've tested positive every time to the skin test since I was a kid. They always inevitably want a chest x-ray. It's some fluke in my genetics they can't explain.<br />
Don't worry too much. Medicine isn't perfect. :-)

Best Answer

See your doctor or give them a call if you are concerned.

Best Answer

I can so relate I work in a large company and I deal with people from all over the world. Some are here legally and some aren't. I have had several TB test over the years so far I haven't contracted the disease. Good luck and be glad it can be treated.

Best Answer

Never. Every time I go to jail I'm clean.

Best Answer