It's Ted Cruz against David Dewhurst in the Republican primary. There was a telethon for Ted Cruz at .http://www.teapartyexpress.org/. Of course the reason this is happening is because the Tea Party is concerned about ideas, not race and ethnicity. Black and Hispanic conservatives have received abundant opportunities to speak at Tea Party rallies.
conceptualclarity conceptualclarity 51-55, M 16 Answers Jul 25, 2012

The only Tea Parties I like are with Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Rabbit & Kanga & Roo!!!!

Best Answer

When it's all said and done, the obvious is invisible to those who do not wish to see it.<br />
I would like to convert every progressive and at least turn them back into good old fashion liberals, but it just isn't going to happen. Of course the futility of it all isn't going to stop me from my rhetoric! It's like trying to stop a car speeding towards a cliff on a foggy night. The driver is thinking, "Wow look at that creep waving his arms!".

Best Answer

If JFK were alive today, he'd be accused of being an anarchist...right after someone else called him a Nazi. Today's progressive ain't our grandfather's liberal.

Best Answer

Hispanics are often catholic, anti-choice, and socially conservative. I don't see why this should come as a shock that the tea party would back a candidate that represents their message, especially in a state where hispanics make up a larger percentage of the vote.<br />
There are blacks, hispanics, and many other races and ethnicities that vote republican, do you really think all "liberals" assume anyone not white must be a democrat? Sounds kinda like a gross generalization to me.

Best Answer

I'm not on welfare or unemployment, nice assumption. Also, I think my response is pretty tame considering what others have said.

Best Answer

She's a liberal. I don't know why she's attacking you.

Best Answer

She says it was a joke that I misinterpreted. She apologized...sort of. I'm just going to forget the whole issue.

Best Answer

Thank you for pointing this out. Maybe now the liberals can stop with their petty attacks and schoolyard name calling.

Best Answer

Sure, as soon as you do.

Best Answer

Any attacks I make on Obama are justified by his history as president and prior. :)

Best Answer

True Fact

Best Answer

They can't because the tea party isn't the racist homophobes that liberals want make them out to be. The tea party backs the person they think will do the best job if elected.

Best Answer

Common I come from Texas , I saw the most hypocritical people on the planet, Little diversity, small minds , rebublicans everywhere. Of course the votes are all they support , not people. Trust me when I say most Texans are raciest , don't kid yourself.

Best Answer

Thank you for showcasing the typical liberal democrat civility. .. It sounds like your the one with the small minded hypocritical racism problem, do you have any real facts or is name calling the best you can do?

Best Answer

It is also refreshing to know that you as a liberal think it is silly to support the person you think will do the best job but that you will support your party members no matter what. ( if they are the correct race that is ).

Best Answer

There are always sell-outs.

Best Answer

Then you needn't have asked. But like any party, there are all types of Tea Partiers.

Best Answer

That's what I expected you to say. Underwhelmed.

Best Answer

Generally i feel the same way when dealing with you.

Best Answer

Easily. Now I'm not going to say the Texas Tea Party is racist, it's not relevant for my point here. I'll give 'em the benefit of the doubt. <br />
Supporting a Hispanic candidate doesn't prove anything either way. Racism is about systems and trends. I don't give a **** if some guy supports or hates a Hispanic candidate. It's the number of Hispanic candidates -in total- that matter. Or legislation which lets authorities card people ba<x>sed on skin colour. Or the massive grey market of sub-minimum-wage labour. <br />
Not to mention that racists love to use "The Good One" to reinforce beliefs. They'll happily believe every hateful stereotype about Latinos, and use someone who is successful and right wing as evidence to reinforce those stereotypes. "This guy's success is proof that the rest could be like him if they weren't lazy thieves."

Best Answer

I pay close attention to politics, and I do not hear conservatives calling Hispanics "lazy." Racists is a category that cuts across political lines. And there is plenty of data that shows that racism is nowhere near as widespread in the US as liberals desperately desire to believe. Your attempt to imply that supporting Ted Cruz is motivated by racism is as pathetic as the folks who said it had to be racism that motivated Romney to address the NAACP.

Best Answer

No no no. I'm speaking in hypotheticals and I'm not trying to say anyone is being racist here. I'm trying to say that you can be a racist and still support a minority candidate. The Tea Party backing Ted Cruz doesn't prove anything about whether they are, or are not racist.

Best Answer

That is true about being racist and supporting minorities. Just look at LBJ. When it was clear that the democrats were being hurt by their position on civil rights - LBJ simply changed his stripes. Never forget his famous quote about getting African Americans to vote democrat for the next 200 years. Except...LBJ didn't use the term African American - yup - he used the "N" word instead. Fortunately, Cruz is not cut from that cloth. Proof in this situation is immaterial Remember, in the U.S., you are innocent until proven guilty. And that the accused has the right to face their accuser. Cruz, therefore, is not racist until someone actually proves that he is.

Best Answer

Members of either side (GOP and Dems) would gladly wear a big sombrero and a poncho and do the hat dance to live music from a Mariachi band if they thought it would grab them more votes. It's all about getting elected. After that, **** everybody.

Best Answer

even a broken clock is right twice a day

Best Answer

Every progressive is terrified of the Tea Party. They've called Team Party members racists, evil, gun nuts, terrorists, hostage takers, etc. Pelosi referred to the Tea Party as Nazis, while Harry Reid has called them anarchists.<br />
I mean really - even the democrats in congress can't keep their insults straight. It is not possible for a group to be Nazis and Anarchists at the same time. Can some liberal please explain how a group can support socialist fascism (Nazis) and also support the concept of no government at all? <br />
This is pure hysteria from the left - tinfoil hat kind of stuff. Think about it. The left claims the Tea Party is some fringe group. OK - if they are so "fringey" why so much concern? Why all of the insults and name calling? I am worried that progressives are suffering from collective delusional paranoid psychosis. These are our American brothers and sister who need support. Progressives are in need of mental health services.<br />
Luckily, we now have Obamacare!! So every progressive that could not previously afford it, can now get the mental health care they desperately need. And for those who can afford it, but are denying their illness...no worries, there are armed professionals in the Department of Homeland Security ready to help escort you to the care you need.<br />
Don't worry progressives, with Obamacare and a lot of Thorazine, you too will be able to get that Tea Party monkey off your back.

Best Answer