Have you or would you buy your teen son or daughter condoms? I do and my friend criticized me for doing it.
Ginger1956 Ginger1956 56-60, F 14 Answers Jun 15 in Parenting & Family

not a bad thing

Best Answer

I bought the first one for my daughter when she was 12, told her what it was and why to use it, and then I gave her allowance a lift - NEVER skip it because of money!!!

Best Answer

Money should never be an issue when we are talking about safe sex. We have a basket in the bathroom and I just keep it supplied, I do not want any unintended pregnancies at my house.

Best Answer

of course you should buy them condoms. sex is an natural impulse driven by thousands of years of evolution. if you dont assist in teaching or providing options for safe sex, then they will just do it anyway, but without the precaution to prevent pregnancy and std's. trust me, its better to be over active and safe, then not safe at all.

Best Answer

If you properly teach you child about safe sex, why would the child go out and do something as reckless and risky as having unprotected sex? If a child would go have unprotected sex just because they aren't being provided with protection, then that says a lot about the parenting.

Best Answer

the fist part is almost correct. i meant that if you DONT teach them, then that will be the response. the will have sex regardless, not because of parenting, but because of biology and hormonal responses that enforce the instinct. you teach sexuality the same way you teach someone what food they like. you dont. it just comes naturally regardless.

Best Answer

We know the urge will come, but you have the choice to be responsible and safe. Parenting plays a big part in decision making skills.

Best Answer

Evidently you're not a mother?

Best Answer

Like I said, I'm am not a parent but I am an close observer and I have learned from other people's mistakes.

Best Answer

I don't have any kids myself. But as a Scout leader I have had parents come up to me and tell me what movies their kids are allowed at home. Cause on sleep overs at the hall we'll put on a movie. And here I am trying to tell them that their kids are far more curious and knowledgeable then the G rating they seem to think they are.

Best Answer

That is what our company is about. Parents discussing smart sex choices with their teens at buymomdoms.com

Best Answer

In our school's nurses office they are available for free starting in 7th grade.

Best Answer

Tell your friend MYOB.

Best Answer

Better than unsafe sex.<br />
Good for you

Best Answer

yes, I would say very sensible :)

Best Answer

It's your life & family, don't watch it from Society's perspective.

Best Answer

No, because it can come off as approval for the behavior.

Best Answer

Sex is normal, wonderful, and desirable, and I very much approve that my daughter has a sexual life. IF I did consider sex a sin (which I don't) I'd still reccommend condoms - no AIDS, no kids when you're too young for it. Not to teach your children about anticonception and sexual diseases is the worst sin of all!!!

Best Answer

So true!!

Best Answer

Yes, I'm aware sex is normal, wonderful, and desirable... at the right time. There are risk to having sex, this is why I think only mature, responsible, independent adults should engage in it. I personally feel like you shouldn't be having sex until you are under your own roof, pay your own bills, and put food in your own mouth. I would not be okay with my child taking that risk under my roof. I know it is a natural urge, but it is still something that can be controlled.

Best Answer

How old is your daughter?

Best Answer

I understand what you're saying however even at my age I have a difficult time controlling my sexual urges.

Best Answer

Never said it was gonna be easy, but it's controllable.

Best Answer