Every once in awhile I see our youth runing around looking weirder and weirder. How do theese fashions even start?
keiffers keiffers 46-50, M 8 Answers Aug 5, 2009

I don't know. I really dislike the emo trend...these kids have nothing to complain about. Most of them are from good families. they have lots of friends and no reason to be upset. THe thing that irks me the most is the fact that they are obsessed with having the label of 'emo'.

Best Answer

Probably with a cetian band or other noteable group. Than the kids copy their style. I like to see kids doing this stuff. Thinking for them selves a little, experimenting. I"m glad they don't follow the baby boom generation their full of **** same with the "greatest generation" good ridance.

Best Answer

No idea how they start..I myself am a teen and have wondered the same thing lol. They all look the same! Boys have the jeans, the t-shirts, or the baggy jeans and the t-shirts too long for them. The emo guys have the full black clothes with chains hanging down, makes them look like murders or something lol. Girls have got their clothes 2 sizes too tight...It's all ridiculous to me, I make my own fashion but me n' my friends do get laughs at lunch sometimes checkin' out the new clothes ppl are rocking :)

Best Answer

LOL @ SummerWind. That's hilarious.<br />
I agree with iluvmypup. Most of the fashion trends are not TOO terrible (save for the Jonas Brothers/Hannah Montana/Twilight stuff), but emo has gone beyond a fashion trend to a lifestyle. I think that is the point at which it becomes ridiculous. My emo students worry me, because they're usually from middle class white families who have nothing to be depressed about. Why are these smart, popular kids depressed? Because the media tells them to be? Oy, great... I definitely do NOT want to make any more phone calls home about Susie cutting herself. :(

Best Answer

yes, I agree! Also, is the media run entirely by teenagers? Why are we forced to see the same style through not just clothes but ads and commercials and electronics and home decor and frickin EVERYthing!! Even in kids' cartoons! I hate the current style! Why are they forcing it down our throats! I want this style phase to end!!<br />
I fear something: one day my kids will ask, "in the 2000's, did you wear/do x popular thing that some media idiots say characterized that decade?" and I will say no, absolutely not, I hated everything about that decade, especially the popular music. Then they will be let down like, "awww, but I wanted to hear stories about the crazy 2000's!" and all I will say is "WHAT craziness? It was a bunch of whiny kids, whiny music, lame people, and crappy art too with cardboard cutouts, block letters, and crappy zune commercials. These people have never rebelled outside the box yet dressed like the 80's. It was terrible!!"

Best Answer