I feel like adults think I'm less valuable. I'm going on 18 years old and they still kind of see me as their little slave. "Oh you need something done? Just have her do it." Or like you can't make decisions for yourself. It's really frustrating, one of my biggest pet peeves.
Chayley Chayley 18-21, F 8 Answers Nov 13, 2012 in Youth

I'm sorry that you have experienced that. Not all adults view/treat teens that way.

Best Answer

I know not all do, and I'm glad some realize we're not just a bunch of idiots with raging hormones. But some still think that for some reason.

Best Answer

You get the adults that go "treat your elders with respect" and the age old "I am the adult, YOU are the child and you'll do as i say!"<br />
You may also hear "Children should be seen and not heard" or, young adults, people calling you 'kids' or 'kiddies'.<br />
Although I entirely agree with the first one, I'm a big believer in mutual respect. Teenagers have a hard time going through puberty, exploring their sexualities, finding out who they are and trying to take on adult responsibilities whilst being treated like a 5 year old with a box of matches. I've been treated like i'm less of a person by adults who aren't even as qualified as me, and I'm 17! Teenagers are already struggling with who they want to be. <br />
"Be the bow that launches the arrow into the world, not the quiver that holds it captive"

Best Answer

Wow you're seventeen? I thought you were an adult! See teens can be so smart, but we don't get any credit. I agree with the mutual respect thing. I respect all adults, I just can't be rude to them but they can to me. I don't think it's right.

Best Answer

It's such a shame to see people being treated so badly. if they aren't delinquents, parents are using their children as trophies. The whole "Look at the superstar that came out of MY womb!" thing. Y'know?

Best Answer

Yep I gotcha. I know it's getting ridiculous.

Best Answer

yes sometimes

Best Answer

Well, adults would do something like that. Then, when you become 21 years old or older, then they expect you to be like them. You may be pressured to socialize with people you may not like, work long and unpleasant shifts, go out of your comfort zone, and so on. Those are the things I hate about being an adult.

Best Answer

quit wining we are all people all still growing be 5, 50, 80 its part of life and nature its just the way you hanndele it that shows your maturyty

Best Answer

Man...all teens are the same aren't they...

Best Answer

Easy.........NO

Best Answer

yes my teachers they said i was worthless and that i would never learn or ever get an A,

Best Answer

awe :( that's sad. I hate that. My bothers used to have teachers that would say that to them. My teachers seem to think that things that happened in the past, my generation has no clue about. Like we are too young to know anything about the world.

Best Answer

ikr i hate that, plus i proved the wrong mt first report card i got all As no joke, then when i whent to go and show them the said wow congeats and that was it :/

Best Answer