swtsacrifice swtsacrifice 36-40, F 14 Answers Feb 28 in Parenting & Family

Let him fail, he has to learn time management and responsibility

Best Answer

Great lesson in priorities and consequences.

Best Answer

I did that all the time. I'm a brilliant engineer now. Don't worry about it. XD

Best Answer

one can hope! lol

Best Answer

Lool... Good job to him xD<br />
Honestly don't they have to write down the homework? We used to have to? Or teachers post it on the school homepage too(teacher parent section) and when we were younger our mum used to check that...

Best Answer

Yep - he has a schedule that he brings home. Some teachers choose to use the website, some do not. His math and English teachers use it regularly most of the others use it to post missing assignments. This particular assignment was in social studies. He forgot to write it in his schedule I guess.

Best Answer

Ups... That really sucks...

So guess he went without it right?

Lucky it's not me I'd be in a hell lot of trouble... And from that moment on defenitly not alowed to be outside or online or so before all homework is done...

Best Answer

No, he got it done :) Yes - there will be consequences for this.

Best Answer

Feard so for him... Hope you're not like my mum... That would allso have cost my allowence...
Since to her school was equal to a job... Not doing your job means no allowence... And since it goes furthere there... Yeah some more too...

Glad he managed to get it done...

Best Answer

Sounds like you have a good mom :)

Best Answer

Had... Sadly... Not that my sis is much different there... But haveing spent some time with people who didn't care... Learnd my self to make sure I get good grades... Not all a's since dislexia and French doesn't mix... But most...
Thought I do admit I used to ditch math... Getting good grades you have to do something to not be considerd a total nerd...
But yeah my sis at some point decided not to accept stuff like that anymore...

Best Answer

I'm so sorry for that :( You're big sister must be a pretty special lady. I'm so happy you have her. You sound like you've got a good head on your shoulders! Keep making your studies important and you'll go far in life :)

Best Answer

Thanks and yes sheis...
I will intend to attend to the MIT... So have to...
It's ok... It happend years ago and no one can live forever... I know she could have never lived with an aborton so I'm kinda ok with it... Still miss her but yeah it was sorta her desicion and she put my sis before herself...

Best Answer

show him some most wanted pictures-tell your son that career criminals always start out with unfinished reports as kids and he's on the fast track to the slammer if he doesn't shape up!

Best Answer

Best Answer

Oh well. Maybe he'll learn from it and remember the next time.

Best Answer

Lol .. Of course !

Best Answer

Hahaha good luck pulling that off.

Best Answer

I would tell him to go apologize to his teacher for wasting their time.

Best Answer

do you think he'll get a good grade?

Best Answer

The teacher will likely have to give him a 70 so he doesn't fail.

Best Answer

I'm sure, if he would just try even a little bit he could have straight A's.

Best Answer

well that's what they said about me too, maybe you should talk to him about how he feels there, I never did well and barely graduated and I consistently test at 161 IQ

Best Answer

The joys of being a mom. Hang in there

Best Answer

lol - thanks. 3 boys to get through school! sigh :)

Best Answer

Wow, my hat goes off to you, the good thing, you are involved in their lives and am sure that report will be done soon.

Best Answer

lol - I think he's just about finished now.

Best Answer

Am sure he is, lol. Thanks for bringing a laugh and a smile early this morning

Best Answer

Put him on the bus, and pay more attention to his school work in the future.

Best Answer

do you have teenagers?

Best Answer

No, but I have taken in a teenager.
And I checked on their home work and schedule.
You have to make sure they get it done.

Best Answer

okay :)

Best Answer

Hmmmm...you have to check to make sure they get it done? I find that interesting...here is a Mom that takes care of 3 boys and presumably a father too...perhaps your taken-in teenager is a little more responsible than the average teenage boy that you even have time to follow up on everything. Its good you are super step mom or whatever you are but here in the real world its a full time job just cleaning up after them and feeding them and providing for their extracurricular activities let alone having to hold their hand and prevent them from learning to be responsible for their own actions. Clearly this mother is frustrated at her son's lack of care for things she feels are important.

Best Answer

Well, I must be perfect.
I sat down with my niece, while she did her homework, I read or drew patterns, and chatted with her while she did her work.
But she got it done!
I also turned off all tv. radio, etc.
Sometimes you have to get off your selfish but, and set an example, and sit there WITH them, not doing their work....but be WITH THEM.

Best Answer

You seem to know much about parenting...a niece that you read and draw patterns for and interrupt while she does her homework does not sound like a teenager, nor does it sound like you have a busy house full of teenagers or indeed any other responsibilities. What you describe is nice when life allows but life rarely allows it once the children grow up. If this woman had the luxury of only one child and no other responsibilities, she'd do like you do. She has 3 teenage boys, she is doing a wonderful job with.
Oh yes, its a butt...by the way...selfish butt, and I can tell you for a fact the lady you are maligning in your very immature and rather uneducated way, is FAR from selfish.

Best Answer

Jealous much?]
I didn't read and draw patterns FOR her!
I was doing my OWN studies, at the table WITH her!
If you have the right coping skills, the family can work together...just saying.

Best Answer

I fail to see where jealousy even factors in here but whatever dude. Its a bit of a stretch to go from a son not doing a report to a family not working together. Really, you are just being argumentative and not engaging your brain before typing. Children learn much by example and as a parent we must learn to balance our examples and our lessons. Clearly this example is not about a mother that can't cope or does not have the skills to maintain her family. She is busy, more busy than you can ever imagine with your one responsibility. She is expressing her frustration that despite her excellent example and her lessons, she has a son that just is not getting it. Many of us real parents have been there many times.

Best Answer

What fantasy are you on?

From the OP, I don't get that's she's even CHECKING on the homework, let alone, setting an example and place to do it!
She's just assuming he's doing it on his own.
Well guess not, he isn't.
She has to step in, and MAKE SURE IT'S DONE!
That means talking to the teachers, and being all up in his business!!!!!!
Responsible parenting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

Seriously, you get ALL that from the original post? Dude, I know this woman, we are wonderful friends. You, sir, do not know a thing about her or her situation and are reading WAY too much into a single line of text. Go troll somewhere else, your juvenile opinions are not needed or welcome.

Best Answer

I'm FEMALE.
I don't troll.
I was speaking from MY EXPERIENCE!

Best Answer

I'm not one for confrontation. I was not going to reply further:) I'm not going to explain my parenting, or get into that much. I will however tell you that I am very, very much involved with my boys. My boys are all boy, they would much rather be outside riding dirt bikes, or playing sports rather than sitting down to do homework. It has been a struggle for me with this particular child. He is in an after school program, he has a tutor, we also sit down every night to discuss homework, read and go over his day. This particular assignment was not written down in his schedule. He forgot to do that. I'm sure you are a wonderful role-model to your niece, she's lucky to have you, but maybe next time when you post on someones question you could ask them about their life before making judgments.

Best Answer

Or you could imply that you're there for them, when you're writing.
Do you have a consequence when they don't inform you?
If I'm judging, it's because I've seen a loft of lazy/coddling parents, that never ask anything of their children.
I know there are other circumstances that are beyond a parents control.
But I do believe making an example, and sitting there WITH the child.
Then YOU KNOW their home work is done.
I let my niece know up front, if she didn't do well in her classes, she will have limitations.

Best Answer

Once again dude, you are jumping to conclusions without knowing anything about the person you are speaking about. I feel sorry for you that you need to validate your existence by being argumentative and abrasive and attempting to generate drama. Your arguments don't even make sense. How can she sit and make sure THIS assignment was done when it was not written down? Seriously, take your drama elsewhere and leave the discussion of real issues up to the grownups.

Best Answer

"How can she sit and make sure THIS assignment was done when it was not written down?"
There's a thing called the Internet, and some teacher post, the assignments for the day.
Perhaps mommy can request the teacher do this.
No excuse.
If the child isn't doing what they're supposed to be doing then mommy has to up her game, and get involved, and find out.

Best Answer

Go away little man, your need to argue is pathetic. You are inventing things in order to justify your continued argument. One key part of communication you seem to miss is when one is debating something it is imperative that not only do you argue the original topic instead of making things up to continue but you should also read or listen carefully to what the other side is saying. This is one single incident, not a trend and to blame the mother for something based on conjecture and zero parenting experience and skills on your part is just ludicrous. Clearly you wish to justify your own pathetic existence by continuing an argument long after it was over. Negative attention is still attention I guess. I do feel sorry for you sir. You must be a sad sad man.

Best Answer

BTW, she was a slob.
She had a problem taking her dishes to the sink.
That was my ONLY problem with her.

Best Answer

You're assuming you know more about her family than she does... which is crazy. I was a teenager once, I was smart enough, I just never took personal responsibility. It's his choice.

Best Answer

It's his choice as to how he wants to live his life.

Best Answer

Then your parents sucked because they didn't make you take responsibility.
I bet you have a record too.
Guess what, I don't.

Best Answer

BTW, I'm FEMALE.
I haven't logged on in a while, I don't know why my icon was male.
I changed it to a cute kitty cat.

Best Answer

This coming from a dude with no parenting skills and experience! It's funny how the only ones that know exactly how to raise a child are those that don't have any. Taking a niece in at some point in her life for god only knows what reason or how long does NOT make you an expert parent. It makes you a nice uncle.

Best Answer