Devinamaria Devinamaria 26-30, F 21 Answers Jan 19 in Community

Im hoping im full blown dementia by then oO

Best Answer

Yikes! Getting there is a terible thing.

Best Answer

Get the gun, hold up the local McDonald's wait for the swat team. Im not going alone!

Best Answer

Hehe

Best Answer

Try to remember it is nothing new, happens often, and there isn't a way to alter it.

Best Answer

You are too funny and too cute to die alone. You'll be able to pay someone off before then :P

Best Answer

Eh

Best Answer

lol nm

Best Answer

I've had years to get used to that idea.

Best Answer

We all die alone, no matter how many people are in the room or nearby. Death comes for us all individually. So you are not the only one.

Best Answer

welcome it.

Best Answer

You don't. If you think you're going to die alone, then go and find someone that'll care about you enough, that you won't.

Best Answer

Life holds no guarantees.

Best Answer

Take it from me (your terminally ill friend) how you live matters more than how you die. You have a lifetime of love joy and happiness ahead of you and I hope you use that amazing mind to make the most of it.

Best Answer

We ALL die alone!<br />
When our exit time arrives,it's our ticket getting punched...<br />
In fact,one could argue that leaving a fewer number of individuals grieving... is very unselfish and humane :)

Best Answer

I just don't know<br />
I never wanted to be unmarried and alone. And as the the years have gone on, I've filled my hours with reading, DVDs and music. Poor substitutes for a loving companion, but the only way to distract myself from the loneliness and emptiness. <br />
I'm not sure if there is any effective way to deal with the realisation, other than distraction.

Best Answer

About 18 years ago when I decided to give up smoking. I looked around at all my smoking buddies in the designated smoking room at work and I realized that while there was a camaraderie among us, they weren't going to be with me when I died. <br />
Death, itself has never scared me. Recently I've started believing that my soul will go on after my body dies. It's either a spiritual belief I've developed or it's just due to the fact that I'm getting older. Maybe it's both...

Best Answer

I once heard a quote, "Everyone dies alone." Just didn't set in until now :(.

Best Answer

I've heard that too. It is a sobering thought. Life is precious, which is why I try to enjoy it a day at a time...

Best Answer

Why is life precious? Serious question. If we didn't exist, we wouldn't know it, and if there was nothing after life ends (there is) we wouldn't know we had lived. I am exploring euthanasia now, and would like your opinion.

Best Answer

We're in different situations. It's precious because I not only have it, but I'm in relatively good health.

I spent most of my life as a drug addict and now that I'm in recovery I'm enjoying my life. I also have children and grandchildren and great grandchildren that I want to stick around to enjoy.

I have come to realize that life isn't the end, but I'm enjoying myself and I want to hold into it.

I understand where you're coming from and if my liver disease was worse, I might have different ideas.

I was close to death 3 years ago and, by the grace of god, I managed to take back my life. It wasn't my time to die. I plan in hanging onto life for as long as there is some quality to it.

If you want to talk I will be happy to talk with you...

Best Answer

Researching euthanasia. Topic scares many, and pushes others into moralistic religion.

Best Answer

Yes, it is very scary and it can be a slippery slope. Since I not only know what you're going through, but I know you, I'm sure that you don't take it lightly!

Best Answer

No. I am concerned for Jim. There is no perfect solution, and it is rough there to the max. Which would be best for him? Early out of my own choice or years of downhill slide with the entire weight on him? He says whatever I choose, he is here for me, but the stress I see in him...

Best Answer

Whatever you decide will cause him stress and pain. I guess that's why he's leaving it up to you.

You cant even feel good about relieving your pain...

Best Answer

Yeah. Bites. Sometimes you get stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea, a rock and a hard place. I am believing that I answer for all my choices, but that there is plenty of love, compassion and understanding to go around... just a lack of self love that I have not conquered.

Best Answer

That a tough one for most of us. It's hard to find peace when we don't love ourselves...

Best Answer

Ironically, that seems to be my biggest failing. I would like to overcome it completely before I am done here. Bad programming can last lifetimes, I think.

Best Answer

I came one afternoon, to find my downstairs neighbor lady passed out drunk. A thunderstorm was coming, so I picked her up, and carried her up a few steps to the landing in front of her apartment. I suddenly became short of breath and dropped her like a sack of potatoes. <br />
I though I was having heart attack, so I struggled to my apartment. Last thing I remember was passing out as I entered my door. I awoke 4 hrs later. And I knew that I was near death, but thou I was alone, I was at peace. And at the risk of sounding like another EP religious nut, I did feel that God was close.<br />
A day later they found a tumor surrounding my heart, I hung in the balance for nearly four weeks at the University Of Minnesota. Funny, though I'm a cry baby, I never once, nor have, shed a tear since my diagnoses. <br />
Though I never planned to be an aging lonely bachelor, this is my fate, but I don't despair. I've discovered that when you have nothing left, you still have God. She/he is always near.<br />
WHAT THE HELL...I didn't even realize I wrote so much BS.<br />
"Devinamaria, would you please quit asking such intelligent questions!" GEEZ!

Best Answer

Thank you :)

Best Answer

Oh man, you're a whole different level of crazy aren't you? - I like that lets be friends!

Best Answer

Oh heck no<br />
I'M TAKING EVERYONE WITH ME<br />
*DEPLOYS NUKE*

Best Answer

Take a nap.

Best Answer

Roll up a fat blunt and watch a good movie. You'll forget all about that.

Best Answer

I don't deal with it. I'll see when I get there :)

Best Answer

Music, music

Best Answer

Yeah. The music selection of the night ain't helping

Best Answer
Best Answer

Thanks I'll check it out :)

Best Answer