I have lost almost 6 lbs since I started using the elliptical in mid- to late-August. Since January, I have lost ~17.5 lbs. I still have to lose ~24.5 lbs to get to the within normal weight range and a little more than that to reach my goal weight. Anyway, I started working out in mid- to late-August. I go 5 days/week. I use the elliptical each day and lift weights/do strength training 3 days/week. When I use the elliptical, I change the resistance every week or two. I go forwards and backwards, which you can't do on the treadmill. Should I switch and only workout on the treadmill or stay with the elliptical? Or could I do both, just alternate or split my time on each one each day? Or do one 2x/week and the other 3x/week?
hikerchick2011 hikerchick2011 31-35, F 6 Answers Nov 3, 2011

okay okay. For me, i can only go so much on the elliptical. like its fun at first and then i want to murder the thing. Im proud of you:)

Best Answer

Keep doing it. You have to move your body everyday or you will lose muscle mass and your ligaments will break down. Also, stop eating grains and fructose for better results.

Best Answer

Do whatever you like. Doesn't make much difference. Sit on your behind and eat less and you'll still lose weight. Either one is good cardio. Do whatever you like.

Best Answer

You know....you don't have to be rude.

Best Answer

That wasn't rude, I could've called you fat.

Best Answer

I am fat, but at least I am doing something about it.

Best Answer

takes diet too

Best Answer

I am aware of that. That is part of what has helped me lose the 17.5 lbs.

Best Answer

man am i ever glad i don't give a flyin "F" about my weight?!

Best Answer

I need to lose the weight for health reasons.

Best Answer

The elliptical is a great cardio workout! It's much easier on your joints than the treadmill and you can give your upper body a workout as well which you can't easily do on a treadmill. I, personally would stick with the elliptical and monitor your heart rate. Once you reach your target heart rate, hold that intensity for a 30 minute duration and then go right into weight training. You'll more easily break down and rebuild your muscle this way with the cardio warmup first.

Best Answer