The Holy Roman Empire of the Germans or the Chinese Emperors could not even claim that. Are we really living in a more equitable society?
PicturesOfABetterLife PicturesOfABetterLife 31-35, M 14 Answers Jan 22, 2013 in Hobbies

It is pretty sickening. What bothers me more than the british royals is the amount of money that professional athletes make. Throwing a ball really well or being able to run the fastest, does not entitle you to millions of dollars a year.

Best Answer

Hmm... it seems you have issues with greed.... nay... thats jealousy I smell...

Best Answer

I won't deny it, I would love to be rich! Who wouldn't? But playing a game for a living, is beans in comparison to those who serve in the military and all the justice departments of the world trying to keep us safe. The veteran coming home from afghanistan should being earning a hell of a lot more than a man or woman who can play a game really well.

Best Answer

I disagree, fukkk the military!

Best Answer

So do all of us! it doesn't take much if everyone helps. but in most cases, it's always 20% doing 80% of the work.

Best Answer

I just don't get why people are constantly thinkin it's those who are successful who bare the responsibilities! We all can do something, if that were to happen this wouldn't be a topic. Facts show that most of all wealthy people give millions annually to charities. Regardless of their motives or reasons for doing so, at the very least they're giving. Whereas most of middle class don't give at all. It's not equal giving, but equal sacrifice. That's my opinion at least.

Best Answer

a man with 1,000,000 who donates 1,000 to charity is literally only donating 0.001% of his money to charity. how can you compare that, to lets say, an average Muslim family which HAS to donate 15% of their salary to the poor (as per Sharia law)

Best Answer

Who did compare that? I sure didn't. What do you think "Not equal giving, but equal sacrifice" means?

Best Answer

Wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong... I left you socialist *** people in england when my father brought me to america when I was 14 if you have such a hard one over social justice and redistribution dont **** up this country go somewhere else. I'm sure there are places in North Korea and China that will welcome you with open rifles.

Best Answer

Sorry. I guess the experts that researched this at Oxfam will be very interested to hear they are wrong because you say so. Sounds like you have become very well indoctrinated by the GOP. You even arrogantly assume I am American. Your right wing reagan/thatcher economics are why the USA and England are broke. Not socialism.

Best Answer

No. a strong central government is why america went broke. Reagan caused the biggest economic expansion in history but hey! If you can name one communist or socialist society that has lasted 250 years you can have my *** hows that sound buddy? as for the experts well... supply and demand buddy.... if you pay workers more the demand goes down... law of economic physics... cant be changed...

Best Answer

Lol. You conservative types are hilarious. Arguing supply and demand and justifying the failed trickle down economics which is in complete contradiction of supply/demand and all economic theory going back to Adam Smith. As for socialist states Scandinavia is kicking the ***** of both the US and the failed neo con experiment of the EU but hey I guess you don't need reality or that China owns most of the US and is thriving while the US and England are in an economic tailspin.

Best Answer

And if we are talking about % of GDP your numbers about reagan are way off too.

Best Answer

Yeah I love how you progressives are so eager to force stuff down every human beings throat. "YOU ARE NOW THE COLLECTIVE! WE WILL BRING YOU A WORLD OF EQUALITY, SINGULARITY, SECURITY, AND UNITY! FREEDOM IS SACRIFICEABLE, INDIVIDUALITY IS A HUMAN FLAW! THE CYBERMEN ARE HERE TO PROTECT YOU!" But hey the government obviously couldnt be corrupt right? lets just put them in charge of EVERYTHING and then pray really hard to a god that doesnt exist that theyll stay good forever...

Best Answer

Do you have an altar to Joseph McCarthy in your bedroom and pray to him every night? lol Was there an argument there or just a random spew of dusty Cold War propaganda?

Best Answer

So tell me if that is right when will supply side economics start working....another 30 years? 60? a century? And I actually have something to back up my claims. Looks like you just have ideology and wishful thinking. Maybe if you kiss your picture of Reagan and click your heels three times it might work. lol

Best Answer

Started with the house of Rothschild who had a spy at Waterloo. They relayed information to the Rothschilds that Napoleon lost but they spread the rumor that he had won. As a result, the Bank of Englands stock dropped almost to 0 and the Rothschilds bought it all up knowing the real victors at Waterloo. They single handedly in one day were controlling the bank of England. They parlayed their vast wealth all over the world buying influence. They backed both the Allies and the Axis in WW2 making money from the deaths of millions! It continues to this day.

Best Answer

British royalty is part of that club as are most 1%ers.

Best Answer

What's the source of those numbers?

Best Answer

A report done up by Oxfam for the World Economic Forum in Davos.

Best Answer

If everybody stop eating meat there will be no reason for hunger in the world (just take a look at how much cereals and water is needed to raise cattle). In that, most of the society is to blame. Also, people could rebel and go off the banking system, demanding real money for their work and real goods for their money. But humanity is just too lazy and getting more lazy each generation.

Best Answer

I agree with you on everything except for the meat eating bit. You can't moralize biology. There is a reason we have incisors and eyes on the front of our heads and not the sides. We are predators and meat eaters and our bodies are designed to function on it. As for the rest I totally agree.

Best Answer

We can live very well without meat. There are few cautions that must be taken and that's it. Unless you're trying to be an Mr. Universe, you wont have any problem. So I disagree with the argument from biology, since our biology have so many things that had not evolved enough to put up with social evolution, or civilization. But I respect your opinion.

Best Answer

No. This is why we get drunk, read/watch tabloid press, watch spectator sports and get drunk again.

Best Answer

I was talking about this the other day, makes me sick

Best Answer

that documentary "life" said the top 2% have 50% of the worlds money

Best Answer

"home", not "life"

Best Answer

Ok. Not sure what you are referring to. The info I provided was compiled by Oxfam for the World Economic Forum in Davos.

Best Answer