yeah...I spelled science wrong... so sue me! not enough characters... lol
mindgirl mindgirl 36-40, F 8 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in Religion

That's why religious people require faith. You have to give up on rational and logical thinking and give yourself over to the stupidity of believing in something for which there is not a shred of credible evidence. It's really very silly but there's obvioulsy a lot of really very silly people out there.

Best Answer

No it doesn't. That what religious types will never understand. Being a skeptic and an atheist does not require any faith at all, they only require credible evidence.

Best Answer

Bullshit. Do you need faith to not believe in Bigfoot?

Best Answer

Bullshit still. I have reasonable expectation to believe the sun will rise in the morning because their is overwhelming evidence on our earths rotation and orbit. Not to mention my own lifetime of observation, and thousands of years of similar observations. Its not faith one iota.
Faith is required when their is NO EVIDENCE. If one only accepts what's reasonably be proven to probably be true, then congratulations, you're living within the known reality/universe. What forensic evidence supports Christianity?

Best Answer

No forensic, or any other, evidence supports the supernatural and paranormal claims of christianity. Sure Christ himself may well be an historical figure. I certainly don't deny that. But that in no way proves his claims to be the son of some god.

Best Answer

You gotta have faith. It is a religion not a scientific experiment.

Best Answer

I'm gonna say yes and post an obnoxious religious rant because I'm a troll

Best Answer

As a Christian, I can believe in the value of the message. Much is allegorical; much we cannot "know" or prove. That is why it is Faith. I have no problem with you not believing although I do wonder why you appear to have a problem with others who do. If you are right, I will have lived my life guided by a set of moral standards and at my death it all ends. If, on the other hand, I am right, you may have some explaining to do when you die ;)

Best Answer

WRONG! You're making the arguement that their are only two possible outcomes after death. Can you demonstrate that to a reasonable doubt? Can you prove your version of god is true and that all other possible versions are false? Youre basically using a watered down version of Pascals wager, which is basically made up ;)

Best Answer

You clearly miss the irony in my answer and also the basic definition of Faith. Of course I cannot "prove" what happens after death, any more than you can. I am happy for you to believe or disbelieve whatever you like and will not be demanding that you are burned or stoned for heresy. Neither does it make me upset or angry. I believe that we are given Free Will and that God is merciful and forgiving of those who repent - if I am right about His existence then, when coming face-to-face with Him, even you may admit to being wrong :) If I am wrong, has it harmed me? I think not but feel able to exercise your Free Will and disagree.

Best Answer

Haha. Religion in a nutshell.

Best Answer

u still spelled it wrong even in ur details its science and u support ur question its a bit too hard to believe

Best Answer

thanks for your input... do you have anything to add? or are you just respnding to feel superior to a spoelling mistake?

Best Answer

spelling mistakes noted* =p

Best Answer

Oops I mean "I support" instead of u and gj :p

Best Answer

Your question about the bible is nonsensical and full of claims that cannot be verified by any known scientific (sic) method. Does that make it right?

Best Answer

erm.... thanks for repeating the question.... I was not quite sure what I asked...

Best Answer

For her, yes. For the bible, nope.

Best Answer

any known what?????

Best Answer

science.... I spelled it wrong in my drunken stupor... I admit when I'm wrong... unlike the religious dogma of the world....

Best Answer

oh drunken stupor... that explains your rant :)

Best Answer

You know science? The thing we do by using our brains? The opposite of believing in myths created 1000's of years ago by a bunch or bored men?

Best Answer

seriously... respond with any semblance of logic... despite my inability fo spell correctly.... or are you just a troll with limited cognitive faculties?

Best Answer

=p.... I may spell **** wrong.... but I know more that the mere bullshit you present as a retort!

Best Answer