Lixivious Lixivious 41-45, M 10 Answers Mar 1, 2012

There is definitely a nurse shortage. It's worldwide, not just in the US.

Best Answer

all is see when looking for jobs is nurses

Best Answer

Me too. I know lots of nurses looking for jobs. I see lots of job postings, but what I don't see is anyone getting hired.

Best Answer

True..it is a revolving door in these hospitals.

Best Answer

I don't know that this would be the biggest lie, but I'd say there isn't a nursing shortage. Seems like there are tons of them in my local hospital when I have to go there, though I'll be first to admit that it's a limited view of what's going on.

(I'd reserve the words "biggest lie" for anything coming out of the government these days. The words "Sustainable recovery" come to mind.)

Best Answer

There is no nursing shortage in the San Antonio TX area. There are many schools and colleges cranking out LVNs and RNs semester after semester. I made the sacrifice to become an RN after being an LVN for 9 years. I thought I would have more job security. I have been an RN for 6 months now, and I am still looking for work. The rub? You have to have at least 1 to 2 years RN experience to get hired. So how do you get the experience?

Best Answer

Its not a lie!

Best Answer

You are obviously not a nurse! Or you have had the same stable job for years.......Start to go out there and apply for jobs.....lets see if you think there is a shortage then.

Best Answer

Pardon me? I am a Registered nurse living in Canada. I can tell you that there most definitely is a nursing shortage which is going to get worse as our population ages and requires more and more healthcare. Most nurses are 50 years of age or older and are getting ready to retire.

Best Answer