curiousone2345 curiousone2345 16-17, F 10 Answers Dec 21, 2012 in Hobbies

Science.

I think that, as a species, when we see something natural that we don't understand, we assume it's magical and mystical and other-worldly. Look at religions around the world... gods of the sun, of thunder, of the ocean, of the stars... I think human beings just do that by nature. We create mythologies to explain what we don't understand.

Best Answer

very good point :)

Best Answer

I don't think anyone knows how the world was created literally. Some religions have interesting parables for the creation of man or the creation of certain peoples....but most can't really offer much actual information on the creation of the world being that that long preceded the existence of mankind. Science can only guess based on the bit of info we can find. We can't actually find much from the origin of the earth which is why there are some popular theories but they tend to change over time as we get new little pieces of info.

Best Answer

I believe they are the same thing.

Best Answer

how so? :)

Best Answer

I think that thought and belief are energy, and energy is of a single source. When quantum physics showed that things are as they are while we are observing them, and that we can change things by believing differently (particles versus waves), religion evolved through thought energy (fear) to explain a world too frightening to be random and a lack of understanding that it is as WE created it to be. Since I really only believe that there is ONE, and that the universe is a hologram (Mandelbrot Set), "we" are one energy playing or expressing our one consciousness. That is far too esoteric for the part of us that needs "absolute truth", to say that here is no absolute truth only belief energy makes it so. Since the ONE has infinite possibilities, there are infinite beliefs, and infinite dimensions... and, it seems, infinite religious beliefs from the most extreme to atheism. Along the scale of existence, there are infinite vibrational levels. Like channels on a radio or stations on a TV, you get to see what you want to see, believing that you and I are separate when all there really is is ONE energy and all is it.

Best Answer

wow, very interesting :) thanks so much for sharing!

Best Answer

Science is not a belief. You throw a rock upwards , i don't believe it's gonna come down, IT COMES DOWN, now i know what happens if you throw a rock upwards based on evidence. That's science. Earth is made from elements blown off by a dying exploding star, not a beardy guy with nothing to do.

Best Answer

haha yeah i know science might not be a belief, im saying do you believe its theory of evolution

Best Answer

"science might not be a belief" = science is NOT a belief!
"do you BELIEVE its theory of evolution" = again, look at your dog: he has eyes, ears, nose, teeths, four limbs, a vagina or a penis, hair, a brain, etc, etc. Does that resembles a little to you? Evolution is a fact, again, NOT a belief.

Best Answer

yeah, it might be based upon fact, but people can still believe what they want to believe. evolution excludes all fact based upon spirituality, deciphering creation with only science. spirituality opposes evolution because it involves belief in someone/something - that was my question, just to see what you believe.

Best Answer

There's no facts based upon "spirituality" because that's tremendously subjective. I'm just trying to make this world a better place by trying to tell people how the universe works. Don't stick to something wrong, even if it makes you feel good, please!

Best Answer

i understand where you are coming from :) i guess for me, ive been brought up a christian yet, am interested to explore different view points on culture. some cultures completely reject evolution, like christianity. for me i think its a combination - what caused the explosion? how did all such matter create such miracles - we are a living, breathing, working of elements? it just doesnt fit. evolution in my opinion is apart of what i believe, but i still dont think it explains everything

Best Answer

So if you don't know something about the universe you just assume something someone tell you or you've read in a book that has no scientific facts at all? How come? If you have time, i can clearly explain to you some of the "miracles" you believe just "doesn't fit".

Best Answer

like i said, ive been brought up as a christian - and yeah i kinda do admit that i feel happier believing in something that has no proof than nothing spiritual at all... there are so many books on heaven /earth/gods/the supernatural - do you not believe any of that stuff at all? have you ever felt spiritual forces? how does it explain physic people? lol, there is so much science just doesnt explain for me i guess.//

Best Answer

Look, there's information flowing trough your senses, your eyes, ears, skin, tongue, nose, inner organs, etc. All that information goes to your brain, and there you analyze it, but you can't make conclusions on the go, you have to experiment, to see if the same phenomena repeats again and again, you get my point? What is a "spiritual force" anyways? Something you feel in your guts? Your skin? How do you know it's not your brain or other stimulus going on inside your body? How can you believe in something that has no proof? That's just making things out of nothing but your imagination. And yeah, i'm pretty concerned about the very real power imagination has in all of us. The universe is a much beatiful place when you admit you don't know a LOT of what's going on rather that making up proofless assumptions!

Best Answer

As a student of Theology and Psychology I believe there in relevance in both.

Best Answer

me too :)

Best Answer

Both. Do you want me to bother you with me geeky point of view?

Best Answer

how so?
lol interesting to hear your opinion :)

Best Answer

you wont be bored? i can be serious about this topic.. :)
generally there are always atleast 2 sides of interpreting knowledge. Empiricism/Rationalism, Science/Metaphysics, Exotericism/Esotericism etc...
i believe that there is more than 1 truth in this world and we have came closer to that truth with more than 1 kind of tools. although I'm not that spiritual. i'm leaning on empiricism and occams razor when it comes to philosophy & religion. i can add a lot of details... but that will just put you to sleep. i dont want that. :)

Best Answer

lol at my typos.-__-

Best Answer

lollllll i have no idea what you just said, whats a empiricism and exotericism? never heard of that in my life LOL. youre way to smart!!!

Best Answer

i'll just pm you. :)

Best Answer

I think believing in imaginary people is just silly. Just as silly, in fact, as believing the universe came from nothing, by nothing for nothing. You don't really believe everything just "poofed" into existence 13.70 billion years ago now, do you?

Best Answer