I just got a jury duty summons in the mail... they assigned me a week in Dec. that I have to call in and may have to report! Oy! Have YOU ever served on a jury? What is the one comment you say in hopes of getting out of serving on a jury? Or do you like to serve?
LifesCraziness LifesCraziness 41-45 13 Answers Nov 13, 2011

Just be honest with your answers. There's a good chance you will not be chosen. Honesty is the best policy. I've been called many times and never chosen.

Best Answer

thanks..ya.. I plan too. Im not a good liar anyways!! :)

Best Answer

Tell them you are a anarcist and you think the judicial system is robing people.

Best Answer

hahaa

Best Answer

Okay listen to Sleepless on this one:<br />
Jurry Nullification<br />
Google it<br />
Memorize what it is and mention it when you are called. IF they do not kick you off their non random selection list the judge will look at you angrily and send you back down to the waiting room. A friend of mine who is a DA said the selection is not random AT ALL. They make lists from people who have a jury duty benefit at work and other sources where they will have the most success. They also make a list of SUCCESSFUL Jurors. that means if you are called and you are picked for a trial plan to be called the rest of your life.<br />
I have been placed on the do not ever call list.

Best Answer

Reject and Refuse! Got it!!

Best Answer

Exactly!

Best Answer

I got a summons, went on the date they told me to go, and when I got there, was told, that they had taken a plea agreement and the trial was off. So no jury duty for me. What would I say to get out of it? Well, I have been told that there is a written questionnaire and I would only have to tell the truth. Almost every member of my family has been a victim of some kind of crime. And I really don't know if I could be ob<x>jective. I have had one aunt murdered, one grandson-in-law killed by a drunk driver,l two daughters molested, two who were victims of fraud, one who was so severely abused by a partner that he almost killed her, and she is disabled because of what he did to her. One who was a victim of medical malpractice. One who was mugged and left with a spinal injury so she is in constant pain. And so on.

Best Answer

Oh my.. Im so sorry. I too have someone in my family that was a victim of road rage and he had a stroke because of being attack. Again.. Im so sorry!!

Best Answer

Yeah, thanks, we have had more than our share of crime in our family. And not one of my family has ever been involved in criminal activities. None of us have ever been in trouble with the law. Just plain bad luck and and bad judgement when it comes to trusting the wrong people.

Best Answer

people who are honest, kind and caring tend to be trusting cuz they themselves are trustworthy people so they think others are too.... I understand!! hugs xo

Best Answer

I've never served on a jury. I kind of dread getting a summons lol.<br />
They will ask you a lot of questions in order to make sure you're an unbiased person. If you show some bias, you won't get picked!!

Best Answer

so say.. 'HANG THEM ALL" or I find all our always guilty of what they have been charged with... or I had an affair with a judge and a police officer!! hahahahaa :)

Best Answer

ROFL. Love it.

Best Answer

I did in the UK about 6 months ago. Here you can pay a fine. You could leave the country till it's over and plead ignorant. Put it like this, the first day was the longest day of my life.

Best Answer

Ya.. I have heard that the first day, if you get called in to appear.. you sit around a long time waiting and waiting... oy :(

Best Answer

I wanted to serve but I got picked for a drunk driving case and I've never driven or had alcohol. For some reason they didn't pick me.

Best Answer

oh... I can't use that excuse!

Best Answer

Ihave served on 3 jury's and loved it

Best Answer

that's good to hear

Best Answer

I served many years ago in London, it was for two weeks, I was chosen for three trials, I found the who;e experience interesting and i'm glad that I had the experience of jury service.

Best Answer

well, if I have to do it.. I hope it's not so bad. I hope it doesn't last two weeks!! :/

Best Answer

Oh, yes. Unfortunately, every time I’ve been summoned I’ve had to serve. And I hate it!!!!

Best Answer

ewww.... Im so dreading this! I know my luck has run out!! :(

Best Answer

Nothing will get u out...unless u r biased in any way....<br />
You get paid...could be interesting.......<br />
Enjoy JD in December :)

Best Answer

Im hoping that it being so close to Christmas I will be okay. Im to call in starting the week of the 19th. :/

Best Answer