THENANO13 THENANO13 22-25, M 45 Answers Jul 4, 2012

God created everything including Scientists and Higgs particles (might be a start) lol

Best Answer

ask a smart questing get a smartarsed answer

Best Answer

Christian Science in a nutshell = God did it! lol

Best Answer

Oh I thought this response was a joke. That's sad.

Best Answer

It was I'm just able to see that just because one thing is fact doesn't make another thing fake. I wouldn't even conceive that I came even close to intelligent or educated enough it both subjects to assume I had an answer and even if I was wouldn't be arrogant enough to assume I was right. The only thing I am sure of is infinite possibilities so I choose an open mind

Best Answer

Science and religion are two sides of the same coin. You can believe in one or the other, or neither if you choose. It doesn't matter...the world will continue on it's way with or without your belief and approval. You will have changed nothing.

Best Answer

That's not true. Not even remotely.

Best Answer

every choice that each induvidual person makes has the potential to change the world on some level

Best Answer

Stephen Hawking in "A Brief History of Time" asserts that scientific knowledge neither proves nor disproves the existence of God. I don't hold to a religious dogma or belong to any religious group, but I'd have to agree with Hawking on this one. At the same time, finding the Higgs particle is one of the greatest scientific discoveries in history. It's wonderful and amazing. And mind-blowing.

Best Answer

No it doesn't. And you know what, it doesn't even matter. This isn't about disproving god. The reason I pose this question is- the religious have been praying for everything from a peanut butter sanwich to the meaning of life. Science has shown religion up, again. This has to be the millionth time. My question is, what is their excuse this time?
Stephen Hawking also went on to say the Universe and possible discovery of the Higgs particle completely replace the need for there to be a god. That's how he sees it.

Best Answer

Hawking came right out and said a couple of years ago - well before the recent discovery of the Higgs-Bowsen particle that the universe had no requirement for a God to exist as it is. Hawking has been an atheist for a long time.

Best Answer

Why would they need some excuse?, Perhaps God has created the Higgs particle. This does not "show up" religion, nor does it prove it.

Best Answer

Perhaps my question was vague. Science has made discovery after discovery, people have theorized about this particle for decades, and now it's a reality. Scientific method has been handing us result after result. My question is, what does religion have to offer? why isn't it producing anything.

Best Answer

Nano... Western world idea of "God" in general is a duality. A non-dualistic "God" which reflects the Quantum Field is still complete. Everything is still made from one basic thing... Energy... And there is still One Field.. One encompassing system labeled "God" or my fav, the Omniverse. "God" isn't religious. Please read "God is not Dead" by Amit Goswami, Ph.D., the quantum physicist.

Best Answer

I`m sorry but you seem to think that all life and existence is some kind of competition? And if that was true you would need an outside observer.....How you spend your time in your life is a matter for your own personal free will.
The fact is we can not say that praying and devotion to religion is a waste of time.....Nor can it be said that science is a waste of time.

Best Answer

If after "A Brief History of Time," Hawking say the Higgs replaces the need for a god, OK. I'd like to read what he said or wrote. Can you direct me to an article or lecture of his about this? In "Time" he does say the universe doesn't require God, or necessarily imply God, but he also says the existence of God in a realm beyond this world remains a possibility, though one irrelevant to scientific inquiry. He changed his mind about information lost in black holes, so if his thinking on God has also changed, I'd like to know more about this,

Best Answer

Just because we find a tool God may have used in his creation does not mean God does not exist.

Leastwise that's what I'll say from the limited article I read on it just now.

Best Answer

This is the most ignorant comment I've read all day. And I've read a lot of stupid things today. Atleast google what the hell I'm talking about.

Best Answer

I did.

Best Answer

People who believe in God as I do myself could care less what some little man in a white suit thinks he may or may not have found...I believe and will always believe and nothing anyone can say or do will EVER change that....

Best Answer

That's why people like you won't be around in a few decades.

Best Answer

lol..."People like me"..I hate to break it to ya honey but just like me when your time comes you will go as well..Who knows I may outlive you my friend and I am at least 30 years older than you..BTW..What does my being around a few more decades have to do with this question...lol

Best Answer

Yes, people like you.

Best Answer

Works for me cause "people lie me"..are AWESOME...lol
You're probably not so bad either..

Best Answer

Thank You

Best Answer

As long as their is an earth, there will always be Believers, and non believers. If there ever comes a time that there aren't any believers, "be afraid". Not of GOD, but of satan.

Best Answer

Who created the particle?

Best Answer

Nothing. That's why lesser intellects have coined it the "god" particle.

Best Answer

That's illogical. "Something" can't come from "nothing".

Best Answer

We've observed this happen plenty of times. How do you NOT know that?

Best Answer

What has ever come from nothing?

Best Answer

They would probably say "It's not for certain!" or "All science is theory and theories are not concrete truth!".

Best Answer

Why would they say that?, why would the Higgs partilcle even come close to disproving religion?

Best Answer

They would say "it's not for certain!" because the Higgs particle has only been tentatively confirmed. Creationists as well as other people who repudiate/don't understand the value of theories would say "All science is theory and theories are not concrete truth!"
I would say that the Higgs particle signifies another scientific achievement that augments science in general. It puts another brick in the wall that supports a world/universe that wasn't engendered by deities. Even though the Higgs particle itself doesn't disprove dieties.

Best Answer

I'm sorry, your question is fundamentally flawed. It's no different to finding a clod of clay or an atom or a planet. It answers a different question than the existence of deities. So, the religious don't need any excuses - it doesn't show them up at all.

And, no, I'm not religious, but the fallacious assumption behind your question is almost bizarre.

Best Answer

My question is legitimate. What do the religious have to show for religion? Science keeps making ground breaking discoveries, where is religion? where are its results?

Best Answer

You are part of the result of religion. Read the book gain the knowledge and understanding. Open your eyes to see that you are just like the people in biblical times.
The bible was written [GOD inspired] to teach people how life would be on earth. Awesome Job! There were people in the bible that walked around blind to HIM as you are blind to HIM.

Best Answer

Now you're asking a different question that has nothing to do with particles.
Abolition of slavery,
The foundation of the political ideas for individual life, liberty, equality, exercise of conscience, understanding of human nature in terms of the need for checks and balances, and the mportance of the rule of law, applicable to all regardless of status
Foundational thinking for human rights (13th century).
The moral underpinnings for charitable organizations, including two of the largest in the world - the Red Cross and the Salvation army
The foundation of thousands of hospitals
The foundation of countless schools, colleges, and universities, some of which ar the most reknown schools of all time
The foundation of scientific exploration (belief in a rational ordered universe)
Foundation of movements to prevent cruelty to animals.
etc.

Best Answer

You will only ever be answered with the rhetorical, stock, cyclic reply 'god made it all'. Its impossible to convince a deluded tortoise hes only humping a rock. The question is why the need to rely on a construct from the human psyche and not evidence? I admire your tenacity but its trying to win a wrestling contest with custard. You can never win and the custard would be unaware even if you invented a method to do so.

Best Answer

That's the best reply I've seen on this subject!

Best Answer

Cheers.

Best Answer

I don't feel I need an excuse if I'm not harming anyone.

Just as you don't feel you need an excuse to troll religious people.

Best Answer

This is a legitimate question. And nobody's answered it. 31 comments, and not a single legitimate answer.

Best Answer

Yes, and I've also read Dawkins' "The God Delusion", so I know how all those answers end. I'm guessing you do too, which is why I called this a troll (verb: to troll). I observed elsewhere that religion and spirituality is illogical. I know this, you know this. You know any argument you get from the religious is going to end up in circular "reasoning," which reveals its' inherent illogic. (as in the bible said it, the bible is true, therefore it's true. Yeah, right.) But in the end, have you changed their belief? naaah. Have you improved your own arguments? Probably not. Just reaffirmed your sense of superiority, as they have reaffirmed theirs by repeating their illogical beliefs that they believe to be true. *shrug*

Best Answer

You asked what excuse the religious would give for the god particle I think I gave you what most religious people would offer up as there excuse. Your question has been answered but not in a quantifiable way because religion doesn't work that way and you know it. I love to play devils advocate and could argue both sides but that's because there is no conclusive answer. But dont tell me no one has answered your question because I have and that is a fact. (very good q btw love a good one that gets everyone thinking and talking)

Best Answer

People have answered your question. Could it be that you are to blind to see it, or to stubborn to accept their answer because you don't agree with it?

Best Answer

Well, i respect your right to disbelieve, even though i myself am a Christian...but i have seen miracles happen in answer to prayer that can only be explained by the workings of the power of God. One of them was a healing my husband received in his left forearm/wrist that was completely useless for nearly 20 years due to a work accident...over 12 different specialists told him nothing could be done and that he'd be better off getting a hook to replace his hand. He refused to do that, and couldn't move his fingers on that hand and had pain all the time, but did his best anyway, and we ended up going to visit this church in Toronto, Canada while there was a missionary there from Mozambique, and during the worship time, he got a powerful touch from God and within seconds, his hand was restored back to normal like the accident 20 years before had never even happened. I know this sounds nuts to people who aren't used to this kind of thing, and i can understand why people would have such a hard time believing, since there has been so much fake hype out there, but this is just one of many miracles i've seen happen. And whether you believe or disbelieve, i wish you the very best! God bless all you guys on here! :)

Best Answer

And yes, lol, i realize this is pretty much off topic, but just chalk it up to "thinking out loud", lol.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

The only reason why Scientists have found it is because GOD provided it for them to find.

GOD Bless

Nothing happens unless GOD Wills it.

Best Answer

I have yet to have anyone answer my question. After everything science has given us, what has religion given us?

Best Answer

Religion doesn't have a place in this. This is about God. Your creator is the one directing the scientific discoveries on earth and everywhere else they are being made. God is the one who gave them the intellect to make those discoveries. You can't get caught up in the mess of religion. Religion will send many people to hell. I don't understand why you don't believe in something greater than yourself but you are working awful hard to find someone else to convince you that you are right. Someone once told me that man is but an audience to something really amazing happening and no, we dont know exactly what all it is just yet but anticipation is all part of the excitement. I hope you find what you are looking for!

Best Answer

Before the split between science and religion......Did you know all doctors and scientists were priests or monks.

Best Answer

That was NOT your question....
Your question is: What excuses do the religious have
There are many who have answered it.

Best Answer

It sounds foolish to say that something like this would disprove God...

Best Answer

Read my other responses, it's not hard.

Best Answer

Well, they have not yet confirmed finding the Higgs-Boson. They just have confirmed finding an elusive particle which may be the Higgs-Boson.

Anyway, all the 'God-particle' blabber is media nonsense. Higgs-Boson is simply a particle which when interacts with particles other than Photons gives them mass.

Best Answer

Great answer, but not the best- because it's not a god particle. It's not monumental enough to really change our understanding of anything. That's not what this is about, this is about the success of scientific theory. To be able to make a claim as bold as this about the nature of things, and prove it to be true is amazing.

Best Answer

now they have to rely on human power,n i wish they respect themselves more

Best Answer

Religion has never been the answer...it is like a soft safa makesvyounfeel good...science is just that no one can be wrong I could ome up with a theory...it is allowed I can call it a fact...sure a fact for today that can change to a Differnt fact omortow if someone else comes up with a btter theory...facts are changing all the time...multiple times a day...example the temperature is 80 degrees a fact...Oh the temp changed it is 81 degrees a fact ..

God does not change He is the same yesterday, today & tomorrow ....

Romans 14 :11. As I live , " says the Lord " every knee shall bow to me and every tongue will confess to God.". Yes, each of us will give an account of himself to God. So don't criticize each other any more.

Best Answer

For a scientific theory to be professionally recognized, it has to be peer-reviewed (which usually involves publishing it in a reputable science journal and having the theory retested/reevaluated). Gods don't usually change, but in the case of the Christian God (as well as other Gods), people decide which verses/information to imbibe as true/literal/figuratively/false in the Bible. So, in other words, the God wouldn't have to change because the people change the God themselves - especially if the particular aspect of the religon is deemed immoral or louche by the society in whole.

Best Answer

I do say this in humility & love....I understand...people change GOD...it is reality...GOD DOES NOT CHANGE...he is Soverign....people change Gods Word...
Any enterprise is built by wise...not foolish..planning, becomes strong through common sense, and profits wonderfully by keeping abreast of the facts....Proverbs 24:3-4. I personally won't commit intellectual suicide...I love God & his Truth...I am not self righteous...that is just stupid...God is the boss....
A man is a fool to trust himself! But those who uses God's wisdom are safe...proverbs 29. :26.

Best Answer

They dont need excuses. They have books that tell them theyre right and cults to add social valisation.

Best Answer

Nano, you sound like an angry person who wants to start a fight. The people who are answering your questions are offering insight - they are not credentialed scientists or theologians. I suggest talking to people who hold credentials in these areas instead of criticizing each and every noun, adjective, and verb people write; it's not becoming.

Best Answer

Science gives concrete evidence and religious people look to god for healing of the soul. So I don't think you can actually get an answer to your question.

Best Answer

You wrote that no one answered you question... Well. Did you get excuses from religious people? You asked: "what excuses do the religious have?".... So it looks like you got your question answered thoroughly.... I'm not religious but know of the non-dualistic "God" some refer to as the quantum consciousness.... Or the Omniverse. People need to get used to understanding there are a lot of ways to see "God" that go beyond the dualistic, the Westernized version. Science disagrees with the dualistic God but agrees with the non-dualistic God.

Western world idea of "God" in general is a duality. A non-dualistic "God" which reflects the Quantum Field is still complete. Everything is still made from one basic thing... Energy... And there is still One Field.. One encompassing system labeled "God" or my fav, the Omniverse. "God" isn't religious. Please read "God is not Dead" by Amit Goswami, Ph.D., the quantum physicist.

Best Answer