I was with him for 6 years, my first love. He had drug addiction and severe depression. I helped him through everything even his HIV scare. I feel as though anyone ells would have ran the other way but i stayed strong. I feel as though I was his gift send from God. I am very proud of myself for helping him even though he broke up with me about a month ago. yes, i was shocked and in denial. I am still in that stage where i just want to run back. I am dating a new guy today who is perfect. He is everything i ever wanted my ex to be. However, i still cant get my ex out of my mind, as bad as he treated me I still want to be friends and help him. i feel like God took him out of my life for a reason, but now idk because my ex is back and asking for my friendship. What does God want from me? I am so lost need someone who has a strong relationship with God to help me.
Raziel7237 Raziel7237 18-21, F 7 Answers Nov 11, 2012 in Romance & True Love

You were 15 at best- You have been indoctrinated into his world, which seems unhealthy. Get help to set healthy boundaries. Life with an adict is hell-and he hasn't been away from you long enough to trust his sobriety-godspeed

Best Answer

You were a child how old is he?

Best Answer

we started dating when i was 16 and he was 18. I am now 21 years old and he is 24.

Best Answer

being friends is better than trying to avoid him or think about what he is up to.

Best Answer

Just do what your heart tells you to do - in other words you must take care of yourself because you are the only one who will.

Best Answer

What's wrong? Does it feel like it's just too early? Cause if you aren't over the relationship and not exactly ready to be friends tell him "I'm sorry, I'm not ready to be friends yet, I need time to get over everything."

Best Answer

it isn't that bad. this can mean he wants to get back together with you

Best Answer

What do you want? Do you want to sever all ties? Is that something you can be comfortable with?

Best Answer