well, i'm 15, my parents are strict, and i don't really do anything wild or anything. sometimes i do sneak out, because i feel like they don't want me to have ANY life. and ya do what you gotta do, but i strongly feel that every child/teen is different (:

Best Answer

It is a<br />
balancing act. To strict is just as bad add not strict enough.

Best Answer

very tru

Best Answer

Kids are supposed to rebel. If they don't then they do the screwed up stuff as an adult. Guess I'm saying that it doesn't really matter.

Best Answer

In American culture children are supposed to rebel. In many other cultures, they are not (and largely don't.) If those countries, they have much greater respect for parents and the elderly. They listen to the advice and wisdom of those older and make fewer life mistakes. Rebellion makes our culture more dynamic and inventive. Lack of rebellion makes their societies more stable and safer. There are cultural advantages and disadvantages to both approaches.

Best Answer

I can go with that but I'm not totally convinced that other cultures don't just have different forms of rebellion, at least from what I've experienced.

Best Answer

Everyone is different. Some children die inside and become mindless puppets doing what they are told and never thinking for them selves. Others rebel openly or passively. Others learn that mindless oppression and obedience is the way life works and join the Republican party. <br />
As for the drugs, permissive parents have the same problem with their kids doing really stupid things. The difference tends to be that "strict" parents order instead of explain, while "liberal" parents explain, but fail to set limits. A strong loving hand that explains but sets definite limits is usually the best. But everyone is different, and everyone needs different limits. Unfortunately, most parents can't figure out where the limits should be until after the kids make a mistake.

Best Answer

The way I see it, if you go the, "Don't do it, because I say so!" route, kids are more likely to rebel, because being naughty is fun, and you haven't really told them why it's so bad to do it. If, instead, you explain what the problem is (how it will hurt their health, here) and try not to disapprove too much, a lot of the attraction tends to disappear: because you haven't forbidden them, there's nothing to rebel against, and you've (somewhat) satisfied their curiosity.

Best Answer

I would fully agree, i think the best way is to talk things through with them, kids are alot smarter than you think. You still need to set boundaries and discipline them but being overly strict is the wrong way to go i think personally.

Best Answer

it is 100% true, my best friend's mom is really strict, so to show her that it is no use, she rebells

Best Answer

makes alot of sense

Best Answer

Agree...

Best Answer

No always because if you become less strict they may walk all over you and do what they want, so it depends on the child.

Best Answer

My parents were only considered "strict" by friends whose parents let them do what they wanted. My parents had guidelines and set limits. There were rules to follow, which even then made sense, and penalties if they weren't. When I tired of those rules, it was time for me to do the adult thing and leave the "nest", which I did. Only my youngest sib rebelled by trying to not follow the rules while still enjoying the benefits of living in our parents' home.

Best Answer