Its a sick religion but they all are. Theirs basicly two types of mormon. The convert that came from outside mormon arias which is pretty much like a catholic or baptist or any other whackado religion. The other mormons com from old stock and are clanish, weird cult members brain washed from early childhood. These are found in old mormon arias especialy utah. Their minds are so subverted that it interfears with normal healthy thougt processes giving them a zombie like personality. I spent a decade in Utah, I know first hand.

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply. You reinforce what I read on the internet about their church. I only disagree with your disparaging the Mormon faith with all other faiths, but that's another issue.
I'm just astounded that Republican Americans are supporteing a professed Mormon for presidential office.

Best Answer

HEY! The mormons aren't the only ones that are dysfuntional, manipulative, and aggressive, alright? EVERY organized religion on Earth is that way.<br />
I don't mind people having faith in things that probably don't exist. Just because i've been very atheist/agnostic my whole life does not mean i do not have faith. Just because i do not believe in YOUR GOD or anyone ELSE'S god, does not mean i am not a very faithful person who believes in something even though there's no proof that it exists or ever will. I don't hate religion. But it's ORGANIZED religion that i cant stand, because it causes one's beliefs to directly impose upon, oppress, and interfere with other people's lives and beliefs. If there was no organized religion, if everybody was allowed to grow up and develop whatever beliefs their mind created, instead of being brainwashed to follow the doctrines of Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Mormon, Buddhism, Satanism, and so on and so forth, then the world would be a much better, much more peaceful place. If God exists, i'm sure he just wants you to have faith in him, be kind and understanding to other people, and listen to other people's beliefs and tell them about your beliefs too. Not one single person on Earth is exactly the same as another person, so why should millions of people be forced to think that they all have to have the EXACT same set of beliefs, and that ALL other beliefs are wrong?

Best Answer

You have to check out sime internet information about the Mormon (LDS) Church and their beliefs to understand how and why they are so different and much scarier than any other religion.

Best Answer

I don't like it when Churchs try to interfere with politics. They spent a shitload of money trying to defeat Prop 8 in California. Money that could have gone to actually helping people, which is what a Church is supposed to do.

Best Answer

I suggest you read the book of mormon, its madder than most and by far the more exclusionary and reactionary of the sub-cults.

Best Answer

The Book of Mormon was mostly plagiarized from a novel that had been published 5 years before. Some people will believe any fiction if its presented convincingly.

Best Answer

I didnt know that thanks shall check it out, but i can easily believe it. i found a copy, unbelievably, on the pavement discarded here on the streets of northern England. I read as much as i could and found it quite disturbing. I can recall little (i read it more than 25 yrs ago) but it left enough of an impression to remember it was distateful.

Best Answer

Thank you for your suggestion. I'm someone that likes to read, but I'm not sure that I really want to research Mormonism any further. The items on the internet were really informative about Smith, his beliefs, the time period in which his church took hold, and his really strange behaviours. I also learned how often they have 'adjusted' what they show the public about what they believe to make them appear to be less strange, and how they learned to use the media to polish their image with the public.

Best Answer

Interesting. I didn't see that in the material I reviewed on the internet.

Best Answer

Yes, I find them to be a disturbing organization too. That's why I asked this question. American's need to consider Mitt Romney's attachment to this 'church' before they go ahead and elect him president. The world is in a shaky enough condition without someone who adheres to the kind of beliefs that he has. Can you imagine a US President believing that God and Jesus live in physical form on some planet way out in space, and tha, as the church teaches, he will become a God too, just like his other brothers and sisters in faith.

Best Answer

manipulative and aggressive.

Best Answer

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but I am not as bad as those other Mormons written about by others here. I am a convert of 39 years, and I have seen for myself that the Church has its share of jerks. I have been personally acquainted with seven of the aforementioned arrogant and obnoxious jerks plus two IRS agents. One of the jerks was the President of the Provo Temple back in 1978. One of the IRS agents served a temple mission. Before that he had been a Bishop who passed judgment on other people's worthiness for temple recommends. The other IRS agent was just yesterday appointed to be Second Counselor to my Bishop. All of these blighters held temple recommends and were gung ho about the temple.<br />
For all the problems, let us keep some perspective. None of us are perfect, and jerks need God too. My membership and participation have done much to make my life and the lives of others immeasurably better.

Best Answer

personal experience of having a close family member be baptised and marry into the LDS have lead me to believe that there is a degree of dysfunction and manipulation in some areas.<br />
There are recruitment techniques that one may find questionable and after speaking extensively with church seniors and missionaries, I very soon realised that it wasnt for me..! (I am too much of a rebel!)<br />
Family member is now out of the church and getting divorced having learnt that she was too independent and strongwilled to live in such a controlled communal environment. (though obviously many are happy with the rules)

Best Answer

No, it isn't. As Joseph Smith, the first prophet of the Church, said, he "teaches them correct principles and lets them govern themselves".

Best Answer

I'm sorry, but tell me a modern 'religion' that isn't dysfunctional and manipulative (?)... We [in America] are obsessed with religion (especially in our politics) - it's not at all in alignment with the constitution or what our "founders" intended for us. Still - I agree a review of the religious identity of a candidate may be important. In this case, A Mormon is seeking to lead the Executive branch of our government - and could yield incredible power.

Best Answer

It's a Church/Religion. What else does it exist for?

Best Answer

Really, take 15 or 20 minutes to check them out on the internet and you'll see why the Mormons and their faith should be 'feared'.
FlowersnButterfly's answer above will give you a taste of how Mormon's have been slowing moving into dominance in American politics and Judiciary..

Best Answer

actually it has less control over what its members do than most other churches. in all honesty its no better or worse than any other church out there

Best Answer

Why do you think it has less control?

Best Answer

cause i grew up in it. ive been allowed to do things my way as long as it doesnt violate polocy n its been left at that.

Best Answer