VeritableVagabond VeritableVagabond 18-21, M 25 Answers Jul 14, 2012

Don't listen to them

Best Answer

Getting old ain't for sissies.

Best Answer

What you need to realize that most of the more vocal people area skewed sampling of the population. The numbers here tend toward unmarried, unhappily married, or divorced people (of the segment of the population you are speaking of). That will lend a certain bias to the viewpoint expressed here.

Best Answer

I am not sure to which older people you are referring. Perhaps the ones that draw your attention the most are those complaining about some aspect of their marriage. The unfortunate truth is that we all seek out others to whom we can complain and with whom we can commiserate, but spend very little time talking about what is right in our lives.<br />
I have been married for 39 years. I love my wife greatly and my marriage has never been as good as it is today. As time passes, our marriage seems to improve. That is not to say that we have not had problems or that we do not currently have problems. Marriage is about communication, compromise, and perseverance. It requires two people to communicate with each other openly and honestly, for each to sometimes compromise their own wants or interests for those of their spouse, and to persevere through the times when all is not hunky-dory.

Best Answer

I think the opposite, I married at 18 and 44 years on we are still happily married.......<br />
Give it a go.....haha

Best Answer

My wife and I have a good marriage, but I have to agree. Get married if you want to have children, who need to have a stable, supportive environment as they grow up. However, half of marriages do end in divorce, and there seems to be a lot of cheating in Western society. So, the statistics support your observation, and bad things don't always happen to the other guy. Oftentimes good people get the shaft no matter much the diligence their potential marriage partner.

Best Answer

For me the contract of marriage ruined my relationship. I told my 24yo son,...., make your own vows-then you have your own promises to one another to uphold. I would not married again tho in this life-it's a lot of work that brings great joys, and yes,..., can break your heart. It's "life".

Best Answer

I didn't get that impression. 27 years for me.

Best Answer

Awwww there jus jealous cause they cant CONSUMATE THA MARRIAGE!

Best Answer

They're right. Oh, wait. No, marriage is so worth it. I think those that got married and aren't happy, weren't meant for each other or outside circumstances made them think they were made for each other in the beginning. It all depends on the people, not actually being married.

Best Answer

I think that those people are bitter... and just haven't found the right SO yet.

Best Answer

I'm 51 and will be celebrating my 28th anniversary this year - and probably haven't had 28 real arguments yet. It's all about finding the right partner.

Best Answer

Get married dear! =)

Best Answer

Its the single or unhappy ones that use this site rather than those who have no interest because theyre happily married and enjoying their partners company.

Best Answer

I loved my marriage, not all the older people feel that way. Don't generalize.

Best Answer

I think it is if you truly know the one you marry first. Vows are sacred.

Best Answer