CulinaryChick CulinaryChick 18-21, F 10 Answers Jun 8, 2012

Original especially the fact the the Oompa Loompas are more real not just one person superimposed over and over again

Best Answer

I personally like both. The new one is another adaption (interpretation) of Roald Dahl's classic children's book Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, not a direct remake of the 71 version. Roald Dahl's books are always slightly sinister and a little chaotic at times and since Tim Burton directed it, it's of course got a bit more darkness at times.

Both, I feel, capture two completely different sides of the book. The first is more like childlike innocence and whimsical with heavy emphasis on the fantasy element common in Dahl's books. The second captures his penchant for dark writing, sinister morality lessons and presents a slightly macabre nature to the factory (but for me, neither live up to how I imagined to factory, the new is a bit closer though.) It does, unfortunately lack the wit of the book with not nearly as much passion as Roald Dahl has for his craft.

Both entertained me and both work for me as a fun film.

Best Answer

The original, although I must admit that the remake is not bad, not bad at all

Best Answer

I have seen both but I like the new one better.

Best Answer

No question, original. And the original Star Wars as well. I could go on..... Yes, I over 21 and very happy about it!!!!

Best Answer

original

Best Answer

The old one, which I'm watching right now, even though it's on like, every week.

Best Answer

I'm watching it too

Best Answer