The one-child policy is the population control policy of the People's Republic of China.It restricts urban couples to only one child,while allowing additional children in several cases,including twins,rural couples,ethnic minorities, and couples who are both only children themselves.In 2007,according to a spokesperson of the Committee on the One-Child Policy,approximately 35.9%of China's population was subject to a one-child restriction.The Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau are exempt from the policy.Also exempt from this law are foreigners living in China. This policy was introduced in 1978 and initially applied from 1979.It was created by the Chinese government to alleviate social,economic,and environmental problems in China,and authorities claim that the policy has prevented more than 250 million births.The policy has been implicated in an increase in forced abortions,female infanticide and underreporting of female births. Do YOU support these horrible things?
ShadowChild ShadowChild 13-15 18 Answers Feb 7, 2013 in Loneliness

yes I do, & I think the US should consider limiting couples to 2 children, 1 child to replace both parents. If the couple wants more than 2 kids, they can adopt as many as they want.

Best Answer

No its only one child. Im a second, Illegal, Never seen the sun...I Havent left my house in over 7 years because if i do theyll find and kill me. Theyve even come looking in our house before because my brother, who can go to school, play outside.. do anything... told a single kid about me, who told his parents, who told the police. And you think this is right? That forceing Women to have Abortions is OKAY? what is wrong with you!? And no they caint adopt! one child per couple! thats it! thats what my parents have told me over the years!

Best Answer

no man you got it all twisted. I never said it was ok to hunt you down & kill you, thats another issue.

Best Answer

Then you need to look at it like this: If someone has one kid, and they get pregneat, that baby is aborted and Thrown away. If the baby is born alive, And the Police findes out, they Kill it With Drugs then throw it away. If the Kid grows up, And the Police finds out, The KID is killed and thrown away. If its a Girl, its proably gonna be thrown away anyway because people here worship boys and condem girls to hell. Literally! my brother takes pictures of things so i can see the outside world and almost ever headstone is "Unnamed Girl" or a dead ******* baby lieing in the street! Some people even name their girls "Bring a baby brother next" !And by saying you support this, Your saying its O.K to murder these innicont people! WHAT THE **** IS WRONG WITH YOU!

Best Answer

Yes because it isint a great anwser. its an insalting and Horrible one.

Best Answer

Me? theres nothing wrong with me, it sounds like your the one with a problem. Your government is actually more ****** up than ours. if we americanised that law, it would actually work and no 13 year old kids would getted killed.

Best Answer

get*

Best Answer

We can't delete other people's answers, Koolranch.

Best Answer

Wait, what shadowchild? You flagged a post just because you don't like the answer? That's wrong. You need to stop doing that and learn to accept not everyone is concerned more with children's welfare than someone else sucking up all their material goods.

Best Answer

I dieing flag anything? I don't even know how... I rarely use this site..

Best Answer

Whos rolo?

Best Answer

No. Bodily autonomy trumps all, in my opinion. Nobody should be forced to give birth, nobody should be forced to abort. It's just another way to oppress women and treat them like baby factories in need of government regulation. Sick sick sick!

Best Answer

All I know is that a fifth of the world's population is Chinese,and as they become a more developed country the world's supply of non renewable resources becomes more expensive..I think its a shame that responsible,self sufficient parents there are being limited when there are totally irresponsible families who have no intention of ever working for a living spitting out children like so much phlegm in the western world..But we're a 'civilised' society,so God forbid we ever tell people not to have children that they can't provide for..

Best Answer

Totally for it. I simply have a hard time wrapping my head around the thought of paying taxes towards a families' welfare. I wouldn't mind if it was one child, however for example I've encountered plenty of families that are Catholic, Chrisitian and Mormon that continue to birth children even after it's plain to see they can hardly (and that's putting it nicely) support the overgrown family they already have.

Best Answer

Exactly.

Best Answer

thats what we need - we need to pass a law where you cant have more than 2 children

Best Answer

THEY CAINT HAVE MORE THEN ONE

Best Answer

THEY CAINT HAVE TWO! IF THEY HAVE ONE AND GET PREGNEAT THEY ARE FORCED TO ABORT IT!

Best Answer

why are you YELLING?

Best Answer

Because you people are ******* Idotic! You think murdering innicent babies is okay! That forced abortions are okay! That killing People that have done NOTHING WRONG is okay! if get hate mail daily saing im a Traitor for being born! a discrace! just because im a Second child!Im Fed up with people Saying this is alright!!

Best Answer

The yelling may be out of frustration. It frustrates me to see some of these responses too.

Best Answer

i know its frustration but i am like 2 feet away from where they are at and they speak with me as if i am like 50 feet away lol

Best Answer

Abortion isn't baby killing. It's a medical procedure. I can understand the outrage of taking away a woman's right to decide if she wants a second child, but if a woman has the right to continue a pregnancy, shouldn't she also have the right to decide to get a medical procedure done? That's what sickens me.

Best Answer

I dont support the side effects and cruelty caused by this, but i admire the forethought of the government in this matter. If we dont start to do something soon, humanity is going to exceed the planets resources. The planet's population has gone from 6 billion to 7 billion in my memory alone, and im only 23.<br />
Some unpleasant decisions are going to have to be made in the next generation or two, and so far China is the only one to even consider making the hard choice.

Best Answer

Humans are a virus on this planet.<br />
I only have love for China

Best Answer

That's an odd country to look up to.

Best Answer

Just trolling :)

Best Answer

seeing as i am a single dad and i am looking for the right person to be with and i want kids by them i don't support this because i have a kid and i want more then one with the woman i fined as my new sole mate

Best Answer

They need to apply it to the rural couples as well if they really want to control population growth.

Best Answer

Who gives a **** China worship the devil

Best Answer

Since l don't live in China l think it's up to them, not me to decide their laws.

Best Answer

I do agree, and I think we should do that here in America. :D

Best Answer

no as it leads to infanticide and lots of baby girls being abandoned<br />
also its responsible for a skewed gender ratio of men to women

Best Answer