Perhaps we could also restrict freedom of speech from the internet, Make you print flyers on a hand operated printing press if you need to express yourself. LOL

Best Answer

I want the damn nuclear arms that the constitution guarantees my right to own.

Best Answer

Agreed, that way people can't go on rampages in which lots of people could be killed before police show up. At least not with modern guns anyway.

Best Answer

a AK-747 sounds baddass....I totally want one.

Best Answer

Okay....then the forces of the government and the police, which might be mobilized to disarm or quell their own people in the event of a revolution, and all of the criminals, are only allowed to have muskets, bows, arrows, and knives.

Best Answer

Does my Compound bow fit under the desc<x>ription of arrow and bow? It is more technologically advanced than the grandfather version

Best Answer

Uhhh you stumped me on that one...

Best Answer

U kin have short sleeves all U want...

Best Answer

Sure, and since radio, television, and the internet did not exist in 1791, the 1st Amendment only applies to newsprint, right? As the middle east currently demonstrates, free speech is more dangerous than guns to political stability.<br />
The right to bear arms was very much grounded in the experiences of the English Civil War (many refugees from that went to America, in which heavily armed minorities fought, pillaged, and destroyed, and military rule by Cromwell ultimately resulted, until his death. Keep in mind that "home defense" as we think it today scarcely existed in a mostly rural America.<br />
An armed populace actually makes things more stable. Absent an overwhelming majority, revolution is impossible, because a heavily-armed minority isn't enough to take over/sustain control against an equally well-armed majority, which is why the Confederacy lost the Civil War (southerners were and still are a minority). This is why crazy people of whatever political stripe rarely actually do anything; they know they're dead if they try.<br />
Whether stability is a good thing or not is a question for another day. Combine the aforementioned with constant indoctrination about freedom, and every American (close enough, anyway) is made to believe that agency lies within themselves, even when that's not entirely the case. So, when confronted with unpleasant realities, people either descend into self-blame, or lash out against those immediately around them.

Best Answer

I get the reason behind it, its just getting out of hand..One person made a good point and said that they should have gun courses in schools pros,cons, safety,laws ect educate them on what a gun really is ...

Best Answer

How is it getting out of hand when our murder rate is the lowest it's been in decades, even in the midst of a bad economy? Gun classes could help cut down on the accidents, but the fact is that most gun deaths in the US are intentional, suicides first then homicides. I'm not sure how to defuse the murderous rage/lack of regard present within so many.

Best Answer