I don't believe law-abiding private citizens should be restricted from owning any conventional weapon. I think there should be mandatory training classes for things like explosives and automatics, but not outright restrictions. <br />
I've seen some of the most war-torn areas of the planet firsthand, and they're not terrible places to live because everyone has an AK and an RPG hidden in the wellhouse, they're terrible places to live because hundreds of fractious tribes have been warring there for millenia. Modernized nations aren't going to revert to tribal structure and blood-feuds just from the proliferation of automatic weapons.

Best Answer

I'd draw the line at the two your born with, attached to your shoulders. LOL<br />
Though, that stance would kinda suck for people unfortunate enough to be born with a third arm (rare but happens.) The poor parents just having learned their child has an issue, only to have masked men jump out of a helicopter and quarantine the area due to excessive bearing of arms. - OK, maybe that stance is a little extreme

Best Answer

it only makes sence that you don't need automatic weapons to hunt or defend the home,I say let the man or woman hunt,or protect the home,with hand guns and shot guns,but take a way the unnessary guns away,rifles to hunt big game yes automatic weapons no,do you believe the police are out gunned now as we speak,this is bad news in a srinking economy

Best Answer

Police are already outgunned by criminals with automatic weapons. Citizens are also outgunned by criminals with automatic weapons. Police have nothing to fear from law-abiding citizens, only criminals. Ergo, there is no reason law-abiding citizens should be prohibited from having automatic weapons.

Best Answer

Hi plungesponge<br />
feathers. <br />
:)

Best Answer

Any weapon which the owner doesn't need. It won't solve the problem as weapons are big business and money rules the world. I was once attacked by a guy with a potato peeler (i'm not that unattractive, i'm sure i look better than a bag of potatoes), so even everyday ob<x>jects can be turned into weapons. But better a potato peeler than a gun.

Best Answer

Not convinced about the 'guns don't kill people, people kill people' argument. I'd rephrase it to 'guns don't kill people, people kill people, but it's a **** site easier if that person has a gun'.

Best Answer