http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/army-veteran-banned-reciting-pledge-allegiance-student-government-meetings-his-college Thoughts?
Allwaysthink825 Allwaysthink825 22-25, F 7 Answers Jun 18 in Politics

If they are offended to pledge their allegance to the US they can just go home to their own country

Best Answer

“As a fellow veteran, but speaking for myself only, I would like for all meetings of student government to begin with the Pledge of Allegiance. But this is not up to me,” said McGinity. “ASUW is an independent student organization with its own procedures and rules of conduct, and these elected student leaders make their own decisions. I respect that. The ASUW leaders have indicated that there is a process they intend to follow, and I expect that they will do so."<br />
In the end, it appears that Schroeder’s efforts to get the policy changed may only be successful if he writes a bill and goes through the standard democratic process.<br />
“What they have is a meeting template that they follow that is written into their rules,” University of Wyoming spokesperson Chad Baldwin said. “They need a vote from the student senate to change it.”<br />
When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a bible.

Best Answer

Why does reciting the Pledge of Allegiance have to be fascism? Why do they have to carry a Bible? They can just use the old version without God in it. I just miss cultural the pride I use to see our country have.

Best Answer

'Pride goeth before a fall.' I miss the cultural UNITY I used to see our country have. Folks were honest and humble enough to recall that we are all from immigrant roots, with rare exception ... that a nation is measured by how it treats the least or fewest among us. You haven't been much for answering questions after answers, but maybe you'll indulge me this one: Do you really believe 'In God we trust' is a more appropriate motto for all people of this nation than 'e pluribus unum?' The danger of fascism comes into play when we sit idly in quiet embarrassment as people rewrite history and claim 'Thus has it always been' ... when the TRUTH is, 'In God we trust' and 'one nation, under God' are both products of a period in our history when a true national hysteria gripped our land of the free ... when the TRUTH is no one has 'banned' Schroeder from reciting the pledge. A group that includes international students decided their mission statement is a better vehicle for promoting - and announcing - their unity ... when the TRUTH is Schroeder has a rather rare opportunity - democracy and a position of representation - to change things through legal democratic process. He knows this - it just won't happen fast enough for his satisfaction. Fascism thrives in soil rich with disinformation. It divides us by highlighting our differences ... tearing down our unity. Time to brush up on your Niemoller. e pluribus unum. Peace.

Best Answer

In God We Trust is a motto but e pluribus unum or Out Of Many, One, is the Seal they created from the very beginning. I never advocated to remove it, I just said why are we so offended by the smallest things now where before you never heard of anyone complain about this. I do miss honesty and it is why I never get angry at anyone who may disagree with anything I post. I know nobody see the world the same. As you remember, I bashed the Tea Party alot before I left. haha I will never say Obama failed because he did not. He has done a lot of things I am happy for. I just disagree with some of his policies which is what you would expect.

Best Answer

Trying not to offend foreigners is offensive to some xenophobes. You can't please them all.

Best Answer

It's what the student government has decided. I'm not going to judge their decisions.

Best Answer

In college, people start learning to see history objectively. In public american high schools and below, they teach you how amazing the U.S. is. When you start learning history in college, you learn from sources that are outside the U.S. and you learn that the country is not as great as it is wrapped up to be. I think that as a result reciting the pledge of allegiance is a sign of ignorance and that the student government did not want that message. However, I think they were wrong to ban him from doing it because you can't stop people from believing what they want if they are firm on their intentions.

Best Answer

I can't remember the last time I've actually said the Pledge of Allegiance. As it has little to do with student government activities, it's probably unnecessary.

Best Answer

idiots.

Best Answer