Iobject Iobject 51-55, M 10 Answers Nov 21, 2012 in Community

Before you get all right-wing Nazi on us, the stock market took an even bigger nose dive when Bush became president.

Best Answer

You people make me sick with your Nazi references every time someone makes a comment about that zebra.

Best Answer

You can't get more conservative then the Nazis and the KKK. Neo-Republicans are just peddling a milder, more civilized-looking version.

Best Answer

Make a statement about Obummer and the first thing out of their mouth is Nazi is by these fools. They don't seem to have a problem with Mao tse tung though because Obama's spokesperson admires him.

Best Answer

The Nazis united Germany by blaming its minorities for all the hardships of the common German citizen. They united their country using fear and hatred. What's the Neo-Republican playbook? Blame the people on welfare, the women who want abortions, the minorities, the illegal aliens, the senior citizens, anyone needing health care they can't afford... The Republican solution is to feed the wealthy bigger meals so that there is more spittle on their chins for the working class to lick!

Best Answer

If I was wealthy I'd take my money and find the first plain out of the US. Then who are you going to blame. A small business doesn't have a chance in this Obummer environment.

Best Answer

@mjt550 OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. "National Socialist" was meant to be a 'new kind of socialist' and the Nazi party tried to redefine socialism to their own needs. They were fascists which is the exact opposite of socialism. This is well documented and explained in great deal on every book written on the Nazi part -ever-.

Best Answer

I find your use of the words " Obummer " and " zebra" offensive and juvenile. What is clear is using derogatory terms like these demonstrates a lack of intelligence and critical thinking

Best Answer

Calling someone a Nazi, Neo-con and KKK doesn't offend you? It figures.

Best Answer

Of course not. The stock market will rebound. It only heads south for long periods when we have a republican president. Check your history.

Best Answer

There's no history that can be attributed to this idiot unless you look into north korea.

Best Answer

Disagreed, much as I would like to nod. Too many other factors involved, plus that economic cycles tend to be longer that four years. As @historiansfallacy says, Presidents are more often controlled by the economy rather than the other way around -- even Calvin Coolidge and Franklin D. Roosevelt, both regularly blamed for their involvement in the last really big economic train wreck.

Best Answer

My statement was not made on the stock market. I haven’t followed the market that closely. My statement was based on the history of recessions since I was old enough to follow politics (remember “I like Ike“ buttons). The only recession we’ve had when there was a Democrat in the White House was during Jimmy Carter’s presidency. It was short lived but quickly revived when Reagan took over.

Best Answer

From all I see the dive is actually not a dive, but a return to reality. An election will cause hype and movement, which is what, was seen up to the election, it was not a true reflection of the economy but a created temporary surge. After the election is over things return to what they really are. The reality is the world is in an economic crisis. North America, USA and Canada are doing better than most around the world. Go have a look at how people are doing in Italy and Russia for example.

Best Answer

Don't forget Greece and Spain. Arbitrary and aggressive cutbacks -- "austerity" in the current buzz, another good word captured and misused -- shut down productivity and send investors running scared. As @Literaturegirl says, it's a global economy ... disagreeing that all or only Americans think it only happens to them, I read that some Europeans feel the same way.

Best Answer

Boeing closed factories in California. Hostess closed factories is several states. The national shut down is just beginning. Ten thousand other companies are looking at the new Obamacare taxes, Income tax increases, etc., that are all starting in 2013 and planning to shut down right after the holiday season. This will make Roosevelt's Great Depression look like full employment.

Best Answer

Nothing to do with the impending "fiscal cliff" created by Congressional resistance to compromise, of course. Not surprising that the top 1% panicked when We The People voted for hope instead of fear, for change instead of feeding more corporate welfare to the top. Don't forget that We, the majority of citizens, also voted out two Senate troglodytes who were standing in the way of agreeing on a way forward ... and We voted in Elizabeth Warren, and We voted in Bob Casey, and We voted in Tulsi. That's how representative democracy works -- could be that next cycle, those among We The People who want to roll the country's clock back and recapture the past will be in the majority -- but this time, We voted in slightly more people who are pushing ahead into the gray and uncertain fog of tomorrow. You can take comfort, if you like, in the knowledge that We also voted to keep the legislative House that holds the purse strings of the Nation's wallet in control of the "austerity is good" Representatives that We re-elected, the ones who have taken as their banner an act of civil disobedience against big business in the Past that probably caused a wave of layoffs on the Boston waterfront, just as the so-called "fiscal cliff" created to satisfy will do if they reject compromise ... We -- We -- are all Americans. We should respect the mixing bowl of representatives We Elected, according to our Law. Especially the President of the United States of America, Barack Obama.

Best Answer

Obama bailed out big business. then he acts like he's against it.

Best Answer

It's called compromise. Some of us are unhappy with the Gitmo compromise, also -- speaking as a Veteran for Peace, here. But my main point is that We. We. Are. Americans. My second point is that the titans of Wall Street are scared that the sausage machine of Compromise has jammed, and that Congress will not act to fix the compromise laws that created the "fiscal cliff".

Best Answer

Two Words:

Hostess Twinkies

Best Answer

Twinkies, preserved forever! Just don't ever eat them, or the Ho-hos ...

Best Answer