People want to see with their own eyes. They want to see this guy get hanged. Do you think thats..., civilized, or humane? Honestly, I think he needs the death penalty. But publicly? What do you think this means, for civilized people in Western Society?
petiterebel petiterebel 18-21, F 18 Answers Sep 29, 2012 in Community

ok everyone will feel good for about five minutes. then what?? would the want for vengance subside or would u hang his lifeless body again and again to get the same feeling of justice being served and in the end walk away feeling empty

Best Answer

I don't know. But good point :)

Best Answer

NOT all Australians<br />
Lets talk about the judge who sentenced this this grub to a small sentence for raping 16 women before and the parold board for allowing him out early

Best Answer

well of course not all, but a large number have

Best Answer

Early - after 16 rapes? I'm sorry, that's a joke. And you know i'm not a 'get tougher on crime' kind of person, but that's a joke.

Best Answer

I really have no clue what you're both talking about, so i'll just keep quiet :)

Best Answer

I think I would give Australia the rope and offer to help.

Best Answer

I like you're answer

Best Answer

Well, you're wrong there. I'm an Australian and no-one in my family or friends believe in capital punishment - so it isn't 'the whole of Australia'. <br />
But then there are a lot of Australians who 'just knew' Lindy Chamberlain was guilty. Idiots.

Best Answer

Lindy Chamberlain was a horrible case. I can't believe she was actually put into jail :. This man has been proven guilty, though his not innocent

Best Answer

I thought Lindy Chamberlain was guily and I was wrong

Best Answer

No she was innocent! Very innocent

Best Answer

Ok, now you've proved me wrong Ned, because you're not an idiot - so they weren't all idiots! :D

Best Answer

I don't believe in the death penalty. It was never there to deal with our anger and grief in a 'hang the bastard' kind of way. Civilised societies have moved on.

Best Answer

Hanging a murder/rapist (I'm assuming since you said young it was a child) isn't civilized or humane. It's actually heading up the ally of what he did, only not even close. <br />
Something like that isn't about humanity or being civilized, it's part revenge, part dealing out a fitting punishment for a horrific crime. In Canada that's life (which I think is disgraceful), but it's a decision for a society to make, to step away from their general beliefs to deal with something like that.

Best Answer

You're right, thank-you for the answer :)

Best Answer

In Canada, a "life sentence" doesn't actually mean you get sent to prison for life.

Best Answer

I know same here in Australia. Its like 20 years

Best Answer

I feel like I need to move to Australia. Seem far more like my kind of people.

Best Answer

you believe in capital punishment? :)

Best Answer

I do. But only for those who earn it.
16 women? Sounds like he earned it.
14 year old who murders his grandmother? Life without parole. Don't let him out, and no issues will be had.

Best Answer

yep, true

Best Answer

I don't agree with sending a 14 year old to prison for life. Whatever happened to the Juvenile Delinquent Act?!

Best Answer

oh this guy isn't 14. He has 4 children. But yeah I do agree with you on that one

Best Answer

I don't agree with two 14 year old kids taking a hatchet and a hammer to an old lady till she bled out. I don't agree with the fact that right after that, they couldn't load her body in her own car, so they took the car and dropped it off at a bowling alley, where they proceeded to buy some pizza and hang out.

Best Answer

He did it. He took the police to the body. He needs to be examplified. Tiger pits and Crucifixion.

Best Answer

hmm, very very true

Best Answer

They want to make an example of him, he must have really shocked the nation for them to be demanding something like that.

Best Answer

The story has gone global, but it seems kind of barbaric.

Best Answer

Rapists don't deserve to live and I doubt i will become a commonplace thing in Australia.

Best Answer

It's always shocking, it really is bad, it happens all the time here, it's not that it's a lone case or it was especially worse than others, it is just an act that no one wants to happen anymore. Rid our society of them, any which way is fastest.

Best Answer

Something that really annoys me is that some people try to justify it. Seriously.

Best Answer

Nothing would be too drastic for such a person. Hang 'im high.

Best Answer

No, sure it is not civilised, but raping is.

Best Answer

nope

Best Answer

Link me to the article please, I know nothing about this case and would love to learn more.

Best Answer

http://www.news.com.au/national/hearts-break-across-the-globe-for-jill-meagher-the-girl-who-liked-to-sing/story-fncynjr2-1226484250547 This is one of them. If you want more, google her name. A ton should come up, it went global

Best Answer

thank you!

Best Answer

no problemo senorita. Haha

Best Answer

Sadly, I still haven't been able to find information about the man. All my google searches have been about the victim. &gt;.&gt; What exactly happened? Do you have the man's name or something? I'll just look him up on wikipedia.

Best Answer

Adrian Ernest Bailey, sorry! I should have added that in before

Best Answer

thank you!!

Best Answer

:D

Best Answer

would be good would make the next one think long and hard about it nobody wants a rope around thier neck been saying for a long time need to bring the rope back and in public

Best Answer

That's completely inhumane and degrading. Yes, I understand that it will make people wary of what to do next. But it's a bit too far.<br />
Hanging IS the death penalty. But publicly and for children to watch, I disagree. It's disgusting.<br />
Australia is civilized in their own right (every country and culture is). So you can't really distinguish civility truly. Not all agree, I'm sure.<br />
Besides, America used to hang people publicly. They were called "lynchings". And for nothing at all: a different skin color.

Best Answer

Exactly. Thanks for the good answer :) xxx

Best Answer

Just curious.....there are plenty of these types of deaths in Australia, I bet. Why this specific woman?

Best Answer

I mean, why did they publicize her? As opposed to everyone else?

Best Answer

there have been a few previous cases, but this women actually lived near me. She was 29, living in Australia for 1 year now (she came from Ireland). Married and mother of 3, she was missing for a week. The word got around of her disappearance. The police thought she could of been taken to another part of Australia I'm guessing, so it was basically a very big search.

Best Answer

This case is pretty clear cut. He did it. He admitted to it. He pointed out where the body was. He took her life after raping her.
he gets life in an Australian prison. I don't envy him. But if he were shot by police and killed, who would would weep?

Best Answer

not me thats for sure.

Best Answer

That's someone's son, brother, friend. They would weep.

Best Answer

And this shows that I'm ignorant of Australia. You have different areas like America has states (except a bit bigger)?
Do they each have state governments? Or are they even states?
But yeah...sounds like a large search.

Best Answer

He was married with 4 kids. I think his family would be more embarrassed than anything else. I don't think he thought about his family when he raped her. People like them don't deserve sympathy. I know you're talking about the family, but they'll get over it. We have one government and they control Australia. We also have councils, but they solve more civil disputes than criminal.

Best Answer

I know that if my husband did something like that, yes I'd be embarrassed, but I would weep. And he's leaving his kids behind which will scar them too. So they'll cry.
I feel sorry for the family and what they will have to go through. But I'm sure they will shed tears.
The one government.....that's what another was speaking of....Thanks!

Best Answer

If my husband did something like this, I don't think I'd be able to feel sorry for him ever again..

Best Answer

I'm okay with that. I approve of public executions.

Best Answer

interesting, thank-you :)

Best Answer