The word "Gym" is short for Gymnasium. Here is the etymology of the word gymnasium: Latin, exercise ground, school, from Greek gymnasion, from gymnazein to exercise naked, from gymnos naked.
DozerDan DozerDan 66-70, M 17 Answers Jan 19, 2013 in Sports

I dont fancy that.

Best Answer

hell yeah! life is short, play naked :D

Best Answer

Yes because clothes constrict movement and hinder maximum weight loss and muscle building.

Best Answer

shwuhh?...

Best Answer

Interesting had no idea.

Best Answer

It would be great if they were--natural and free!

Best Answer

No. Though I'm surprised no one has ever opened a nude gym in America.<br />
They should bring back Pankration though. It makes MMA look tame.

Best Answer

Umm no. First off I don't want to see everyone and their brother naked and I'm sure there are people that wouldn't want to see me naked. Second, there are certain things you need to protect you while doing sports and exercise. Guys think about getting hit with no protection down there. And as for girls..sports bras aren't a fashion statement, they serve a purpose.

Best Answer

The original Olympics were always played naked. The people wanted to see the atheletes' bodies. Even today most spectators would enjoy seeing the bodies of their favorite atheletes move and flex as they compete. Not really a problem then. Would not be now. Of course a baseball catcher will always need pads, but the center fielder, nope.

Best Answer

God that would a scary sight.

Best Answer

Oh, that would be horrible. All the spectators would turn into pumpkins if they saw a human body. Save the children.

Best Answer

You wanna see me in my budgie smugglers!!! ;o) (no, not really!!)

Best Answer