LadyLouisiana LadyLouisiana 56-60, F 7 Answers Nov 3, 2012 in Hobbies

The first garden supply store. Heard they were pimpin' hose.

Best Answer

I am going with the Scarlet Pimpernel, cos we know the pimps did not read all that Wiki quotes. They saw the film, could relate to the fancy clothes, cos they liked their fashion too, and the name stuck.

Best Answer

Considering that a Pimp is basically made of the stuff in a pimple I can understand the question lol

Best Answer

lol ty :)

Best Answer

The Scarlet Pimpernel?

Best Answer

Its a very old word (1600's) I have to agree with you though it always makes me laugh when i hear it...

Best Answer

Here's what Wiki says ..<br />
The word pimp first appeared in English in 1607 in a Thomas Middleton play entitled Your Five Gallants. It is believed to have stemmed from the French infinitive pimper meaning to dress up elegantly and from the present participle pimpant meaning alluring in dress seductive. Pimp used as a verb, meaning to act as a pimp, first appeared in 1636 in Massinger's book, The Bashful Lover.[9] In the 18th and 19th centuries, the term was commonly used to refer to informers.[10] A pimp can also mean "a despicable person".[11] The term can also be applied to a person who is considered a ladies' man.[9]<br />
The verb "pimping" came up in the early 17th century.[9] Rapper Nelly tried to redefine the word "pimp" by saying that it is an acronym for "positive, intellectual, motivated person."

Best Answer

I said ... "Here's what Wiki says" ... check again.

Best Answer