I have been losing socks in the wash since I was a teenager. I think I figured out how they are escaping but who is wearing our socks or where are they disappearing to? What is your theory of the vanishing socks?
1juicylife 1juicylife 22-25, F 16 Answers Mar 20, 2012

I have sort of cured this problem, I buy my socks in bulk and have all identical socks, no matter how many manage to escape I can always have a matching pair.

Best Answer

Are you a man because this is not a bad idea?

Best Answer

No I'm a woman, but mainly wear trousers as it's so cold where I live, hence the need for socks!

Best Answer

Thanks for the practical suggestion. I mean it ....now back to the fun.

Best Answer

Teaspoons, and pens, and several sets of keys !!!!!

Best Answer

They are trying to break in your house when you leave to get other socks and things lying around to join them in their revolt!

Best Answer

Definately revolting !!!!!!

Best Answer

I got my hubby to pair his socks up before he put them in the wash basket, when i put them out to dry i keep them together on the line. <br />
This plan is working well, so far.

Best Answer

OKAY

Best Answer

I have atheory: In the EDDA, the olden skandinavian mythology, there its said that Loki, god of lies and tricks, would come to the end of the world battle, ragnarök, on a ship made of human nail clips...so I think, whay not something like that behind...I mean, someone EVIL collecting the "lost socks" to build a terrible, towering SOCK GOLEM and TAKE OVER THE WORLD! HARHAR! (its pinky and the brain if you ask me). (feral grin...)

Best Answer

OMG! I'll beware. I am already armed thank you kind citizen!

Best Answer

If there are a bunch of socks in your drier exhaust then you could have a fire there if you do not get them out of there soon. Call someone to look at it.

Best Answer

I just looked there. LIKELY STORY!

Best Answer

my mother always used to ask the washing machine repairman to look for socks while he had the machine apart. lol

Best Answer

If she only knew the truth!

Best Answer

The single socks I've been finding must be yours? If you get all mine can you send them this way?

Best Answer

Will do! lol

Best Answer

Not just socks my knickers vanish as well down the portals and away to the other side or are they getting taken.

Best Answer

Oh no..who is wearing our socks and underwear?

Best Answer

Why socks? To keep the pens and gloves company.

Best Answer

Good point. hahaha

Best Answer

Last time I went through my sons sock drawer he had 17 single socks!. And there was none in the wash.<br />
Maybe a sock eating alien...is allergic to pairs but can eat one-sies.

Best Answer

I will keep an eye out for it. He can travel from country to country.

Best Answer

there is another planet some where and their always in need of socks so quess what

Best Answer

We will ask Obama to open up a space program to travel to this planet and rescue our socks!

Best Answer

on the other side is a huge sunny meadow where the socks can run free without feet.

Best Answer

I am not ready for my sock to retire. COME BACK Argyle, Knee High and Footie!

Best Answer

This is a fact, it just vanishes.

Best Answer

What evil! What villainy!

Best Answer