puck61 puck61 51-55, M 23 Answers Jul 11, 2012

False, but you need some variant of communism. And not authoritarian communism like we had in Russia - there was still poverty and a rich ruling class there. So pretty crappy communism by my bent. Stuff like libertarian communism (little to no government but everything is still shared) would be a cure to poverty, but it's only existed on a very small scale in times of strife, or in theory.

A mixed economy with a strictly regulated market MAY help poverty, but these things tend to unravel and pull to the right.

Best Answer

Although I'm personally more of a free market capitalist, I think those a very good points. Thanks for answering.

Best Answer

false.

people helping people directly would eliminate poverty.

religions, organizations, and governments are in the way.

people trust in these entities to disperse collected funds

but the funds never leave the pockets of those in charge.

Best Answer

Poverty is largely organized by those that have defined the rules of economy, how come people risking their lives to extract raw materials get peanuts for it? We would need a real humanist culture but power is what many people are lusting after.

Best Answer

True. There will always be some form of poverty as long as there are humans.

Best Answer

Not in today's corporate/political world. People simply don't have the will or the energy anymore to try to force the big changes that would move society to a more caring and inclusive posture. I do admire those who give of themselves to help their fellows, but I fear that we have many band-aid solutions with no radical cures.

Best Answer

False. There are many reasons for poverty, some are curable.

Best Answer

false yes there is a cure for it

Best Answer

What is poverty? Having access to clean water, or not having the latest phone? Going to bed hungry or feasting on fast food every day? It is all relative. We in the West have far too much and use most of the world resources. How many smart, android I latest gadgets do we really need? Yes we could end poverty but perhaps we would be able to do it by all agreeing we need less stuff.

Best Answer

Yes, Sacrifice and delayed gratification is how some people became wealthy in the first place.

Best Answer

NEVER WAS VERY GOOD AT EITHER OF THEM

Best Answer

Honestly yes, but years ago. Now we have people rich for being famous or infamous. A wise old man once told me years ago "There was always rich and poor, only difference is the poor did not know what the rich had". Name a singer/actor that hasn't got a BRAND now, flogging perfume or clothes. Just more stuff we can live without but we are meant to aspire to. Who the hell buys anything of the Kardashian crap? But obviously some people do. Latest IT must have bag or jeans, or shoes or phone, it is endless. And if your kids don't have it, they can feel hard done by?

Best Answer

there is one sure cure for poverty

If I had a million dollars If I had a million dollars Well, I’d buy you a house I would buy you a house

And if I had a million dollarsIf I had a million dollarsI’d buy you furniture for your houseMaybe a nice chesterfield or an ottoman

And if I had a million dollarsIf I had a million dollarsWell, I’d buy you a K-CarA nice reliant automobileAnd if I had a million dollars, I’d buy your love

If I had a million dollarsI’d build a tree-fort in our yardIf I had a million dollars you could helpIt wouldn’t be that hard

If I had a million dollarsMaybe we could put a little tiny fridgeIn there somewhereWe could just go up there and hang out

Like open the fridge and stuffAnd there’d all be foods laid out for usLike little pre-wrapped sausages and things

They have pre-wrapped sausagesBut they don’t have pre-wrapped baconWell, can you blame them?Yeah

If I had a million dollars If I had a million dollarsWell, I’d buy you a fur a coatBut not a real fur coat, that’s cruel

And if I had a million dollarsIf I had a million dollarsWell, I’d buy you an exotic petYep, like a llama or an emu

And if I had a million dollarsIf I had a million dollarsWell, I’d buy you John Merrick’s remainsAll them crazy elephant bonesAnd if I had a million dollars I’d buy your love

If I had a million dollarsWe wouldn’t have to walk to the storeIf I had a million dollarsWe’d take a Limousine ’cause it costs more

If I had a million dollarsWe wouldn’t have to eat Kraft dinnerBut we would eat Kraft dinner

Of course we would, we’d just eat moreAnd buy really expensive ketchups with itThat’s right, all the fanciest Dijon ketchups

If I had a million dollars If I had a million dollarsWell, I’d buy you a green dressBut not a real green dress, that’s cruel

And if I had a million dollarsIf I had a million dollarsWell, I’d buy you some artA Picasso or a Garfunkel

If I had a million dollarsIf I had a million dollarsWell, I’d buy you a monkeyHaven’t you always wanted a monkey?If I had a million dollars I’d buy your love

If I had a million dollarsIf I had a million dollarsIf I had a million dollarsIf I had a million dollarsIf I had a million dollarsI’d be rich

Best Answer

Bare Naked Ladies rock!

Best Answer

YAY!

Best Answer

Poverty has dropped by about 50% since 1900. Global poverty that is. The only cure for poverty is the free market.

Best Answer

Yeah , that seems to be working real well at the moment ??

Best Answer

Your great grand parent's would think so. Plus we're in **** because the government keeps screwing with the market like insisting loans be paid out to people that can't pay them back or printing money which is inflation or keeping interest rates artifically low which destablilises the economy as a whole. Check out the Austrian business cycle. All in all though we still enjoy a much higher standard of living than our grandparents or great grand parents. Even in places like India the introduction of sweat shops has given people enough money to educate their children for the first time. In fact if we don't buck our ideas up the grand children of todays sweat shop workers will be living far better than our grand kids.

Best Answer

Or should I say "relative ****". I'm not sure someone from 1900 would find much to complain about if they saw what we're complaining about.

Best Answer

false,

Help those that truely need the help to improve their lives, stop babying the cry babies who only want a free handout and make them get a job(OWS)

Our Gov't is over helping people to cause a cycle of dependency of needing more free money just to get by which in turn keeps you in poverty(properly their plan all along)

Best Answer

Yeah there is a cure but the people higher up wouldnt be happy

Best Answer

there is. but noone really wants to discover it since the people who can contribute to researching the cure are already rich

Best Answer

Yes there is, make everyone else poor.

Best Answer

False.

Communism.

Best Answer

*raises hand* I 2nd this.. Totally agree. Those with need to learn how to share with those who suffer without. Betterment of all over betterment of the self!

Best Answer