it seems that a lot of men are dating Asian women lately in japan there's almost more foreigners getting married to Japanese women then actual Japanese. why do you think western men are attracted to Asian women? why do White women feel this as strange? do you think that feminism and the cultural shift of the baby boomers and progressive era killed chivalry in the West forcing men east? opinions please
Axis1221 Axis1221 18-21 9 Answers Jul 7, 2012

I married a man who is half Japanese and half Native American....I'm doing my part in trying to keep a balance!! :D

Best Answer

i don't date a specific type of woman or a race, but a few years ago, when i still lived in america, i dated a japanese woman, a sweet and wonderful woman whom i met in grad school. she wanted to stay in the U.S., but her family expected her to return to japan and marry a nice japanese boy, not one chosen for her (at least she was able to do that on her own!). she unhappily returned to japan and found a man, but is in a loveless and mostly sexless marriage. i am not sure how generally this applies, if at all, to many japanese in the 21st century, but it's my experience!

Best Answer

Asian women are generally more traditional/religious, more humble, more willing to suffer/make sacrifices and far less willing to divorce than Western women. Such behavior, I think, actually makes their men (at least the old ones) less sensual and more sentimental of their wives.

Best Answer

I'm a little bit Korean and my love bug says he loves the Asian culture because they are advanced in technology, the women don't expect everything to be handed to them, and because they are not immature.

Best Answer

Apparently Asian women are not lacking in the self esteem department. Good for you!

Best Answer

Thank you miss Annie, self esteem takes a good amount of effort to maintain.

Best Answer

i believe its the maturity and varied expectations of the two cultures that seem to be attracting one another

Best Answer

My Dad's best friend married a Japanese woman over fifty years ago. Their marriage is very strong and they are very happy. She was very sad in the beginning because they lived in a white neighborhood. She was very homesick so they moved to San Francisco where she knew people...He's a great guy.

Best Answer

I think most people are attracted to the foreign.. Its exotic and interesting. We feel we can supplement qualities that are lacking in our own famiilies. Your question is curious in that I'd think it more likely that the Asian men would feel slighted because the women prefer the "other". Isn't mixed marriages an unusual thing in an Asian country? Asian/white pairings are not looked upon as remarkable here in the US. We're pretty accustomed to mixed marriages of all types. Its not a big deal.

Best Answer

The men realy dont care marriage in japan is seemed as somewhat of a set back or a weakness its literally work work work for them. its very common in Japan for interracial couples especially with the American USMC installation on Okinawa many Marines get married to locals every year. Chivalry is obsolete in Japan and Western men like myself having Chivalry beat into there heads at a young age give Japanese women a feeling of usefulness and special not one with the crowd like there society seems to demand. its quite intriguing really US-Japanese dating in particular has skyrocketed recently its really a growing trend in the world that is going largely unnoticed

Best Answer

You're welcome to our men. Enjoy. And forgive us our conceit in taking a bit of credit for the kind of men they are....they are our sons, after all. We had something to do with their developement. LOL!

Best Answer

i wish the mothers of the last generation did a better job with there women than they did with there men

Best Answer

Gee. I will not insult you in turn. Have a nice day.

Best Answer