They ask a question, get into a debate with you, block you, then edit out your replies in the question to make it look like they won the debate. This ever happen to you?
halbert halbert 46-50, M 11 Answers Nov 9, 2012 in EP

you can relax , no one cares who won . when they blocked you they also blocked themselves from posting on your questions also

Best Answer

I am relaxed. And ten other people cared enough about this subject to give it some thought before you come along and try to appear superior by telling me to relax and that nobody cares. F_ck off.

Best Answer

ok but do they really care , was anyone's life affected by the outcome of your "debate"
it wasn't a feeling of superiority I was after it was "best answer"

Best Answer

LOL There. You can have best answer.

Best Answer

thank you and BTW I meant no offense , obviously the guy is an idiot don't waste your energy debating with him , he'll only drag you down to his level

Best Answer

I know. What I'm really interested in is EP changing this technical oversight that allows someone to keep your answer hostage after they block you. I wish my answers would just disappear when they block me. I know it's a small point to make but I'll contact EP support again and see if they'll listen.

Best Answer

What do you expect? A century and a half after the civil war the conservative party is still 87% Lilly white, half their members are from rural areas, and they're still pushing antebellum southern politics. The Tea Party claims to not have any social agenda, but they're members are overwhelmingly evangelical and they continue to promote Victorian era social legislation. Sometimes I suspect the real purpose of Obamacare was to make antipsychotics more widely available. According to the National Science Foundation one in five Americans still believes the sun revolves around the earth. It's living proof that reality is stranger than fiction because nobody could make this stuff up.

Best Answer

This really isn't about politics directly. It's more of an EP question. But thanks for the input. Incidentally, If I say "The sun rises and the sun sets." You know I don't really think the sun revolves around the earth, right? LOL

Best Answer

Something like this has happened to me. I guess they are what are known as 'trolls'. Just can't let them get under your skin. It's totally their loss. It must be a very difficult life for them, never able to admit fault or even accept others' opinions. How small and sad they are.<br />
I wonder if you can 'update' your answer instead of deleting it.

Best Answer

No access after getting blocked. They can delete out anything except your initial reply, then slander you if they feel like it and you have no way to defend yourself. I wasn't slandered but my argument was edited to make it appear that I didn't have any reply for his argument. Why waste the effort debating someone if they can cheat?

Best Answer

I have no idea. I imagine they're the type to knife you in the back if you knew them in reality.

Best Answer

Yikes! Hope that's figuratively rather than literally.

Best Answer

Hahaha. Figuratively I think. Well, I hope too. We'll just keep them on here ;o)

Best Answer

Only with about a third of the conservatives I have spoken to here.

Best Answer

My point isn't partisan. It works the same either way. But for the blocker to hold my answer hostage on their question is something EP should change. We should be able to delete our answers from any question. Especially from members who block. You agree?

Best Answer

I'm not sure what you are asking me if I agree with.

Best Answer

That we should be able to delete an answer to a question even if they have blocked us. (The way EP has it set up you cannot delete your answer after getting blocked. You no longer have access to the question. But they can edit and post any manner of slander if they choose and you cannot reply or delete.)

Best Answer

Yeah, I guess I agree with you. I have never really thought about it though.

Best Answer

Haven't had that happen to me, though people who disagreed with me have blocked me before. To be honest, i don't mind it. I actually prefer that some folks block me, and I guess I don't worry too much about whether I won a debate- the person involved knows what I said, and as that is the one I was speaking to, that's all right with me. If you really hate what has happened, then you can just delete your whole answer- that way there is no debate left.

Best Answer

NO! That's the problem in a nutshell. You CAN'T delete your answer after they block you. They can edit everything to make it appear that they spanked you and you cannot reply. (I want my answer back! LOL)

Best Answer

Oh....I was unaware that you couldn't delete your answer at any time you choose. That's weird. I guess you have to let it slide....I wonder what happens if you respond and then block them....

Best Answer

Even so I believe they still can delete replies on their questions but not the innitial answer.

Best Answer

I don't know, if they block me then I wouldn't be able to see the their Q anymore, I hope not though. That's dirty play!!

Best Answer

Tis dirty indeed. LOL

Best Answer

Not yet but I'm sure it will. Because I'm bad to get into those debates when someone posts something I don't agree with. But you know this - we've had a couple of back-and-forths. lol

Best Answer

I do recall disagreeing but I can't recall what exactly about. LOL Politics? The blocking thing was used on me in this exact manner. I wish I could simply take back my answer to the question but once someone blocks you you can't remove it. They kinda' hold it hostage and can post any crazy reply that they wish and you can't respond or even delete your answer.

Best Answer

I know. Someone asked a question a bit ago then flagged my answer. I answered again and they flagged it. Now I can't find their question to flag them.

Best Answer

You were blocked. But unless you were being abusive or insulting, then they were being cowards.

Best Answer

They were being cowards. Their question was that their uncle in India has cancer and needs money. Actually asking people to send money. All I did was answer that I'm in America and am suffering from a catastrophic injury with no insurance and also need money. lol

Best Answer

LOL. Hope that's not true. It wouldn't be near as funny.

Best Answer

It is true, unfortunately.

Best Answer

Damn. Hate to hear that.

Best Answer

Ten months ago and we've been living on my savings since. Now, they're getting perilously low. If her insurance company or my insurance company or the government doesn't come through, we're going to be in the food lines by January or February.

Best Answer