Pretend that you are a prisoner’s advocate and must convince a judge why a particular incarcerated prisoner should not have to make restitution to a victim. You may create a scenario of a prisoner convicted of a crime of your choosing, or you can locate an actual case. I have been working on this for 3 days and I can't find a single case or think of one that they should not be responsible!! Help Please!
dreammergirl dreammergirl 41-45, F 4 Answers Sep 28, 2011

what if someone was prosecuted for manslaughter, and killed the pedestrian because the pedestrian had run into the street outside of the crosswalk? then he shouldnt have to apologize because the victim is dead anyways and he wasnt the one at fault because the pedestrian was jay walking? lol i tried my best but i really have absolutely no idea what you even asked.

Best Answer

LOL me either! thanks

Best Answer

I agree with you. I can't think of any reason a perpetrator of a crime should not be held accountable either, but nevertheless, it's a school assignment so just do the best you can. You may not consider your argument strong or even valid in the slightest, but nevertheless make the best argument you can, even if it does feel inadequate.

Best Answer

Actually nothing says the prisoner is indeed guilty. How about a new DNA evidence defense? He shouldn't have to make restitution because he was never guilty.

Best Answer