gottabelou1D gottabelou1D 13-15, F 2 Answers May 20, 2012

I work in a treatment center and I hear a lot of the women talk about the difficulties in the beginning. I think this goes along with the idea that change is difficult no matter what it is. After a while people typically make friends with the other clients and find that through their relationships they help each other out through this difficult time. I wish you all the luck in the world and if you have any further questions that I could answer please ask as I would be more than willing to answer what I can!!!

Best Answer

Is there many rules you have to follow? And depending on the situation..do you have to be there a certain amount of time?

Best Answer

The rules are normally very simplistic and can seem like a lot at first but once you get used to them you will find that they are simple to follow... as far as the length of time it would depend on the type of treatment facility and their requirements.. Good Luck!!! and let me know if there are any further questions and I will answer as soon as I can...

Best Answer

I was not a teen who went to one, I am a mother who sent my 13 year old to a behavioral health facility for a year (at the recommendation of her counselors and lots of other people)

If I had it to do over, I would not... it did not help at all, if anything it made things worse. She felt even more unloved and unwanted and acted out ten times worse when she was home visiting, they kept putting her on all kinds of heavy duty drugs to "help" her, but never found one that helped (but had lots of bad side effects) When she finally came home, shortly after I pulled her off all those meds and found her new psychologists - things really didn't get better with her until she grew up and moved out.

As for her? It was like extended Summer camp - she made a lot of friends that she still has even now and she's 26. She actually missed it when she came home. She liked the fact that there was minimal rules and discipline, a continual social life and that she could pretty much get away with whatever she wanted. As I said, it did not help one bit with the reasons she was sent there in the first place.

Best Answer

So it really did help? I'm just scared haha

Best Answer

For a year?? That's. A really long time!!

Best Answer