Yes. I have had many issues with my children's teachers over the years. I'm glad they are grown and I no longer have to confront these egotistical, knows it all morons. I still stand behind my children and can take umbridge at what I consider to be an affront, but they are grown and they are intelligent enough to fight or debate their way into or out of a situation. However, your problems are far worse than are mine, I think. Good educators are hard to come by. Ones who really care about reaching a child or teen are very rare.

Best Answer

Thanks Callalilly. One of the things that makes my situation so frustrating is that my son can't communicate to me what is going on when he is at school. They take him on field trips, and I have no clue where they are going each time. The teaching seems willy nilly...either too advanced or too elementary, and there is no rhyme nor reason, nothing systematic. It's nutty.

Best Answer

yes,a few months back my son 8yrs old kept coming home from school everyday telling me how this other boy would pick on him,i would tell him to let the teacher know and to stay away from the other child,now this went on for a month or two i would talk to the teacher all the time on the phone to try to resolve this issue,still he would keep coming to me with the same problem,finally i had to go talk to the principle because he had hand sanitizer put in his eyes,the teacher had my son and the boy he was having the issues with washing their hands together and the boy flung it in my sons eyes,the teacher said it was a fluke and there wasnt a problem,really?i mean she must be stupid why would she put them together after all these problems,anyway i had my son moved to another class

Best Answer

Gotta love it when the teacher tries to tell you that it's "perfectly normal" or "unimportant"....makes you wonder if they'd feel that way if it were their child. I'm so sorry your kid is going through that. I witnessed a kid imitating my son one day and jumped out of the car to talk with him. A coach came over and told me it was no big deal...that it's normal for boys to do that. Not on my watch! I hope the new class is more what your son needs.

Best Answer

In public school we did. Thats why we went the private route.

Best Answer

I homeschooled my son for four years or so, and it looks like I'm headed that route again.

Best Answer

I think you can do a better job than the public school system.

Best Answer

I'm pretty sure I can. It's just the social exposure that I can't provide for him. He needs to be around other children, and I'm not sure how to accomplish that.

Best Answer

Do you have a Chuck e Cheese where you live? Lots of kids to interact with.

Best Answer

No...lol. And I think it might be too noisy for my little guy. He has problems with some noisy situations, since he has autism. But he does like the skating rink. Most kids ignore him, though. He is nonverbal in many ways. Good suggestion though. :)

Best Answer

One thing I know from bringing children up is that schools are a law unto themselves. I took time out of work a number of times to go and sort issues out that were none of my childs doing. The first thing to happen is the teacher makes sure she is in with the Headmaster; which is a bit of a problem, because the Headmaster will stick by his teachers come hell or high water, because from the outset they can do *no* wrong. So, from the start it's a battle. Things have not changed in that department; it still goes on. But I never gave in till I had what was either a reason or a justification for whatever action was going on that I was not aware of. Most times, when that happened, it was a case of me having to embarass them into *teaching* them that they had it wrong.<br />
I'm sorry you hare having problems Vessa. I do know it isn't easy to be given a complete, full explanation of how they get to where they are going. It will always end up going higher than the teacher in question *if* what she says to you doesn't make any sense. I just hope this goes well for you<br />
~F~

Best Answer

It's very true. According to everyone in the school system, all of the teachers are wonderfully qualified and competent. Every now and then you find someone who is actually interested in solving problems and getting to the source of the trouble...a few golden individuals here and there who actually believe in education and its intended purpose. But in many ways, schools are much like other political systems- it's about money and involves quite a bit of keeping their constituents "in the dark". Thank you for sharing. They have a way of making one think that she is the only one who has a problem with the way things are being done.

Best Answer

Indeed, those situations are difficult because the administration will usually always back up and protect the teacher and in many locations, the union is so strong that nothing can be done to rid a school of an ineffective teacher.

Best Answer

Yes. What bothers me most is the way that this particular school system seems "closed" to parents. There is the sense that they are covering up or trying to protect themselves, which of course, only feeds a parent's suspicion. My son is nonverbal for the most part, and there is no way I can know what's going on if the teachers won't communicate the truth to me.

Best Answer