ShadesofBlues ShadesofBlues 18-21, F 76 Answers Jan 24 in Community

I could not dare call them cowards, I have not had an experience that lead me to that level of seriousness about suicide. I have not walked in their shoes. How could I sit in judgement of others, how can I judge, who am I too approve or disapprove of others that consider suicide as an option, they may be in more intolerable pain than I have been.

Best Answer

THE SAME GOES FOR ME & ALSO I HAVE LOST LOVED ONES WHO HAVE COMMITTED SUICIDE

Best Answer

To me its a last resort to a hopeless situation in their minds. They are probably beautiful people lost in the moment of dispare. Its very sad...

Best Answer

"Cowards" is a strong word. Most people are afraid of dying. Does that make them cowards? I think it's more a case of the pain of living being greater than the pain of dying.

Best Answer

No I would not,its nothing too do with cowardice. Its a hopeless situation, where the only exit in their mind is suicide.....been there myself...

Best Answer

I have the deepest compassion for those who have taken their own lives; suicide is a desperate plea for HELP. Suicidal people need help, not condemnation. They believe the only way not to suffer is by killing themselves. How can you not feel compassion for that?!!

Best Answer

Thank you. There are actually plenty of people who are angry with suicidal people. What makes them so angry?

Best Answer

some people are/get angry because they feel hurt by what has happened and they turn their feeling of what was compassion into something they can express easier. Or because of there personal experiences of people who have committed suicide (if it has hurt them). However unfortunately some are just arrogant and fail to see beyond themselves.

Best Answer

What if theres no one else for them to think no one that they have seen in years no one that wants to be around them

Best Answer

They are not cowards, they are mentally ill. Mental illness kills people just like other diseases. It's just hard to see it that way because these people die from self inflicted injuries.

With regards to physician assisted suicide, I believe these people have made the choice that if they are to die, the would like to die on their own terms. These people are not mentally ill.

Best Answer

Coward is a term used by people to justify their anger - and for most, that anger is temporary

Best Answer

No not cowards, but deeply wounded people. Who think they have no other choice sad.

Best Answer

thanks.

Best Answer

Definitely not!!

It's heartbreaking to think there is absolutely no other way but to take your own life!!!!

I too have battled with depression for a long time & have found myself battling with the thought of suicide many many times. Looking back I cannot believe how I've managed to get through but feel very lucky that I did,.... But honestly there are always reasons just around the corner to carry on for, please believe me.. :) xx

Best Answer

What if you keep battling but then u find no one there to help u

Best Answer

I waited a long time for someone to want to help me.... I think it actually made my situation worse for a long time, thinking that no one cared enough to want to help.
It took a long time but I realised that the only person that can actually truly help you, is yourself. (I don't mean that to sound too deep,.. but I feel it's true)
It's often not that people don't care, they just don't understand. x

Best Answer

I find it rather brave of them.. I couldnt do it even if I wanted to.

Best Answer

I agree with your answer here. A true suicide is a paced, disciplined certainty. It takes tremendous courage. Those who say differently, lack the necessary suffering to sympathise.

Best Answer

Not cowards, it definitely takes going through alot mentally to even consider the attempt much less the force to actually go through with it...body's are hard to shed...

Best Answer

Depends who it is. I'll usually call them a lot of things. Cowards is usually not one them though. I'm not sure how suicide is associated with cowardice or selfishness either.

Best Answer

those who are driven to that miserable stage, only they what it feels like.

Best Answer

Well said.

Best Answer

I don't. I wonder what terrible events in their lives brought them to that point and I pray I never find myself there.

Best Answer

not cowards, very depressed

Best Answer

thanks loveland

Best Answer

I want to. I hope I'm not a coward. I just don't want to be here anymore.

Best Answer

hell no . they just can't physically take the pain anymore really. yes PHYSICALLY . when super depressed, the body hurts so much.

Best Answer

No, I'd never presume that. I've been to close to the edge myself.

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer