Should have been or not ? Also what about the women's US hockey team goalies helmet having to be changed because it said " In God We Trust "
limehouse limehouse 41-45, M 7 Answers Jan 31 in Politics

This is what'swrong with our country...They are taking God out of it..Berfore you guys bash me I have the right to my opinion :)

Best Answer

I REALLY miss that edit option....LOL

Best Answer

Yes you do have the right and it's respected. However you also can't be the one to complain if someone has a decal on their helmet saying Praise Allah. It goes both ways.

Best Answer

I'm not the one complaining..Everyone has the right to their beliefs. I don't force mine on anyone and I don't expect others to force theirs on me....

Best Answer

The funny thing is every country plays their national anthem , so why the helmet , 90% of the crowd wouldn't be able to make out what it says.

Best Answer

I've no problem with it..
In just saying the same right has to go to others as well, we can't be ethnocentric.

Best Answer

I don't have a problem if it is all even keel , but it isn't .

Best Answer

What does the National Anthem have to do with god??

Best Answer

You may want to read the whole song ! it states as we must our motto " In God We Trust " and not mention it represents us as American's . This was written in what the early 1900's based on a battle when...oh back in the 1700's when our country was founded by Christian believes ..again i'm not Christian , but this is how our country was formed .

Best Answer

I'm sorry But you need to read the true historical reasons our country was formed and the basis of which it was formed on.

*Copied To share*
Many Religious Right activists have attempted to rewrite history by asserting that the United States government derived from Christian foundations, that our Founding Fathers originally aimed for a Christian nation. This idea simply does not hold to the historical evidence.
Of course many Americans did practice Christianity, but so also did many believe in deistic philosophy. Indeed, most of our influential Founding Fathers, although they respected the rights of other religionists, held to deism and Freemasonry tenets rather than to Christianity.
*Written by Jim Walker*

I only copied this and shared it because I couldn't have said it any better than he did. I use to see it as the same way you said it but when you read the truth about how and what principals our country was formed on then you will know the truth.
The founding fathers were not studying the bible to form our country. They were studying Loche, Descartes, Newton, Boyle and Shakespeare. They later studied Robespierre, Voltaire and Rousseau. The greatest influence just before the Declaration of independence was John Whitherspoon.
They reason they came here was for freedom of religion, Which means any religion that you personally choose to practice.

Best Answer

Very well put, but the Free mason's pull from the fundamentals off all religions , and with Christianity being the strongest . I'm not of the faith or any for that matter, but was born here and feel that what is part of our countries constitution and founded believes shouldn't be changed because other groups don't like it. It's to bad the free mason's remain so secretive , but remains pretty much a mystery to really what and how they truly warship .

Best Answer

I should add to the bottom part of that. Any religion that you choose to practice ... Or NOT practice. (Atheism included, this is my personal choice.)
This is why they didn't base our country on any religion. It was up to the people to choose what they wished their religion to be and how they wanted to worship. Now with that being said. The groups of people that were Christian probably discriminated others that worshiped and believed different than what they preached and believed. Most likely because they felt they were the superior religion at the time. Being in a new world and only having that faith to rely on at the time especially when things were a bit tough being in a new world. Christians at that time formed tight nit colonies, which they farmed together canned food together and helped each other out when needed. But, if you didn't believe in that faith as they did you were cast out and left to fend for yourself. Which often times meant death especially in cold winters.Very Christian of them , eh?
We see discrimination in all religions still today because the people doing the discriminating are the ones that do not understand fully what another religion are or means to the ones that practice them. But we live in America and here you have the freedom to practice any or all religions if you wish.
What's amazing is if you look up the founding fathers and see what their personal choice in religion meant for them and what they choose to practice and not to practice. You start to understand why they came to America to be able to have these freedoms and practice what they wished to believe instead of not having those freedoms from the lands that they came from.

Best Answer

Nope I agree ! This country was founded on Christian believes , and I'm not even one and I still think it belongs . What about the NFL deal thoughts ?

Best Answer

I think they should leave things alone

Best Answer

Vickie...Right on point ! Just another liberal agenda fulfilled.

Best Answer

The gun commericial should be shown. There are those of us that still expect our constitution right to bear arms to be honored. I saw a guy at the store a few weeks ago with a pistol on his hip. Made me feel safe not scared. NV is an open carry state and I wish more people would exercise their rights to carry.

As for the goalie having "in God We Trust" on her helmet. Good for her! Our country was based on Christian values and that included God. She is free to do as she pleases, thats the thing about America being a free country!

Best Answer

I agree with you on all accounts ! But the Olympic committee are nothing more than a money greed organization , I didn't go back and look at the old regs put into place that gave them the rights to outs the helmet, but i'm sure if we looked at it, it will be full of crap and more of a loop hole that out right regulation .

Best Answer

i think they dont want politics in sports

Best Answer

Hmmm.. not sure I follow ?? I know what you may mean that the commercial is directed towards politics ?? But how can some of them not be ? I pretty sure we have seen some pretty political commercials in the past . Look at the beer commercials how are they not , they pay some of the highest taxes ..and we all know huge supports to the political arena !

Best Answer

i mean with a specific hot topic of today. like guns, gay marriage, war, middle east, oil, national debt, blah blah

Best Answer

yeap...kind of what I thought , but again aren't we going to far pushing all this or banning it for others benefits .? I mean it is a commercial , watch it if you haven't seen it, more class than any beer commercial better than any cig add or old commercial , pretty much about your right !

Best Answer

The NFL didn't ban it. The Commercial network, FOX banned it.

The goalie's helmet violated the long established rules. It was a correct and reasonable action.

Best Answer

I stand to be corrected , but the article I read stated the NFL , but either way I feel it was a pretty ****** call especially how well thought out the commercial was.. I thought .

as for the helmet , no problem with long stated regs..but really the national anthems and flags are flying opening night and at just about every event, I could be wrong but something very similar was over looked on another countries uniform .

Best Answer

The network has the right to exclude any and ll commercials that it doesn't want to air. Its a non-issue. As far as the helmet issue, you are again wrong. Two other countries had to make either helmet or uniform changes because of the rules. Again, its a non-issue. Rules were is place. Knowingly, people chose to violate them. Its not a big deal to make them change to conform. Personally, I believe they should have suspended them.

Best Answer

Ok I get that the network has the right, get it....but a issue as sensitive as this shouldn't it warrant a reason to as why not ? And why would you think they banned it ? really again this commercial is far more appropriate than most of the commercials we have seen in the past and i'm sure not much different this time.

And as for the Olympic deal, I just read a article about the Slovakian hockey and they have their hole national anthem sewn into their strips. And the IOC rule 51 states or bars and advertising or propaganda to be displayed on uniforms . How is a phrase to be considered propaganda or advertising ? I call it a giant LOOP HOLE !

Best Answer

They don't have to provide a reason. A television network is a private commercial enterprise. They own no explanation to anyone. I'm going to check on the team you mentioned.

Best Answer

I checked it out. See:http://nikeinc.com/news/nike-unveils-2014-ice-hockey-jersey-for-slovakia#/inline/24975 It is not advertising or propaganda. Its there national anthem. The US helmets did not have our national anthem on them, they had a religious statement.

Best Answer

On our helmet she had " We The People " in one article and another I read said " In God We Trust " which is part of our national anthem , and LOL who the hell knows what is all in Slovakian's national anthem..i still think it is a weak loop hole and it was used...How many people in the world speak English ??? and how many in the world speak Slovakian ? My point is for how many yrs. have other nations heard our national anthem ,,,nothing new .

Best Answer

Neither of the quotes you cited are a part of the National Anthem and have never been a part thereof. You need to sit back, relax and get the real facts before you make personal conclusions and attempt to rally others.

Best Answer

You might want to look again...we the people isn't but god we trust is.

Best Answer

Yeap your right it is God is our trust , a little dif, but in god we trust is still how to be considered propaganda ?

Best Answer

The actual phrase is " In God is our trust". It appears in the forth Stanza of the Poem by Francis Scott Key. It is not known or sung by most people. Even U.S. Military bands do not play or present more than the first stanza of the poem. Why did you quote:"we the people" if you knew that it wasn't there?

Best Answer

One article I read showed in god we trust on the helmet , and the one o read yesterday day said we the people . No but nevertheless it is still part of the original source .

Best Answer

Both are wrong.

Best Answer

It could have somethng to do with a story I read the other day. They told the team USA that they could be easy targets in their outfits. But I am not totally understanding this. They have to stand for USA if they are out there represting this country. Its not like they should blend in with other countries colors. *shruggs*

Best Answer

This is the hockey helmet, your not walking around the campus or the city with it on. And I get the whole target thing, maybe all the more reason we ask ourselves if we can't dress and show our pride why go ?

Best Answer

I get that. But that's what the article was talking adout. We should go. We have the right to be there We should not fear these idiots.... just be cautious!

Best Answer

I know turn the other cheek , but my point was as, why ?? put up with BS..being one of the largest supporters , but I get I know. We would just look bad and then really give all the other countries really something to ***** about.....Oh big bad America ...they go to wars to just kill ....cry sob cry sob.and now they want to boycott the Olympics...bot we would look like big babies ,....

But we are not...better than others we prove every time !

Best Answer

The Olimpics is a good idea. This shouldnt be an event where we need to police everything. Sadly it has come to this because of a few people. Should we turn the cother cheek? Hell no! Should we be careful. Yes , because there are people out there that want to hurt the innocent people and others that do not believe as these freaks do. And when it comes down to it, it is radical religion that has caused most of these reasons why we have to always be vigilant of what we do and where we go. Its just sad really.

Best Answer

The NFL has taken a hard line on firearms. They will not allow an off duty police officer into a stadium with a gun now ! They have to be in uniform to carry in a stadium. As far as the helmet thing goes...just another secular agenda !

Best Answer

OK fair enough, but what about the alcohol ? that kills more people than guns do each year ? And they will serve you until to fall on your face .

Best Answer

Why would they feel the need to bring a firearm to a sporting event if they are off duty?

Best Answer

In Cleveland and elsewhere police are required to carry ALL the time ..on and off duty. Many a crime has been handled by off armed off duty police officers.

Best Answer

Exactly !! hell criminals are never off ! and carry at all times .

Best Answer

Not talking about bringing a firearm to the advent, but i'm pretty sure all off duty officers are to carry and technically even if off duty they still have to uphold the law if it broken ! Wouldn't you feel safer knowing you may have 20 off duty officers at an advent compared to basic security ??? But the point is the commercial, why ban it ? watch it if you haven't seen it..by Defense Arms.

Best Answer

I can name about twenty police officers off the top of my head that I I know who shouldn't have the right to carry a bee bee gun. They are down right derelicts.
I've had a sheriff of a small town pull his fire arm on me for repossessing his car. He said he would kill me then report I was stealing his car if I took his car that he hadn't paid on for over six months.
Let's see, over 3/4 of them probably haven't seen their genitals in years due to their enormous guts.
So...., to answer you question: in an environment where everyone else is unarmed, it doesn't make me feel safer to have a weapon in my vicinity.
I don't know; I'm just not scared like that.

Best Answer

LMAO !!!! Ok ....OKay ... I think we have all had and seen some of the same thing, but come on repossessing a cops car..what you expect ? and I would've done the same thing i'd pull a gun on you too. But really now do you think that every Tom, **** and Harry walk into those advents unarmed ? You are blind , if you really think that, I on the other hand feel and would feel much ...much safer knowing that many off duty officers are attending such an advent , and i'm a huge fan of armed Marshalls on plans ! I also believe that criminals love it when people think that way, oh no....no...guns... guns ...kill . I sleep very well knowing I have many levels of protection before you get to me or my family...guns being one of them .

Best Answer

Lol. I ended up getting the car anyway. Police aren't above the law. They should pay just like anyone else. Consequently that man is no longer employed. If you don't pay your bills the car is not yours period. People who would pull a gun on a bill collector--- wow!? It's not like that **** happens without warning..
Anyway

I'm not against guns at all. I just think using fear and trying to promote fear to others is a really ****** way to push it.
I've been in some crazy *** situations and have not once had a gun. Ironically, I've never had a gun pulled on me but twice--both by police.
I respect your wish to carry your guns-I just don't let fear of others dictate my life.

Best Answer

LOL...nicely put ! I can legally carry , but don't , no need yet ! But what do you mean promote fear ? The commercial ? I don't think it does at all, in fact the home security ones for alarms have and do exactly that..look at that clapper **** commercial or lol help I can't get up all pushes fear and towards the elderly ...weak...and sad..i say watch this commercial and if your not impressed i'll buy you a beer or two !

Best Answer

But also with the NFL thinking as such only tells me that it is more political that for safey reason !

Best Answer

Rest assured not all police officers fall into the category that you describe. I am glad you feel secure without anyone being armed...except for the criminals and bad guys...they like that too ! My students that I teach the CCW class to feel secure...but in a much different way !

Best Answer

Shootr33: You are not totally correct. I often attend NFL and NBA games with my 9mm in my procession. I have a carry permit and simply go to the security gate present my permit and my reserve officer ID and they record the gun info and my seat location. I have seen armed plain clothes officers at almost every professional sporting event that I attend.

Best Answer

Last fall I attended the Browns vs Bills game at the Cleveland lakefront stadium with a good buddy of mine. He is the Commander of SWAT and Narcotics for the City of Cleveland. Not just a district ..The entire city ! He had to leave his gun at his office because of the NFL rule. Trust me, he was not happy about having to do that. He only reports to the chief and deputy chief of police. If he could have carried in there, he would have ! We didn't discuss the NBA as to whether it was an issue or not I know it's not an issue at our MLB stadium as he often worked the games in plain clothes in the past. When was the last NFL game that you went too and carried ?

Best Answer

Oldenough...I just Google this issue. It is a fact that the NFL prohibits off duty police officers from carrying into stadiums.

Best Answer