maldemer maldemer 36-40, F 23 Answers Feb 8, 2013 in Parenting & Family

All the experience I've had with similar situations leaves me with only these words. <br />
Good luck and maybe the price was worth it to find out who truly was not a friend.

Best Answer

It may well end up like this. Very unfortunate...

Best Answer

Put it in writing.<br />
Give her the invoice and state clearly that your calling in the loan but still wish to be friends.

Best Answer

Not a bad idea...

Best Answer

Unless you have any form of contract or security, you cannot make her pay up.<br />
You can try by the various means others have suggested. If no terms were ever agreed, then it is likely that the request to borrow was really a request to have a donation.<br />
So often, the person requesting feels that they are more likely to succeed if the request is for a loan not a gift.<br />
You may well have subconsciously realized that you might never see your money again.<br />
What can make it worse is when the person actually showers you with presents without appreciating that they are being bought with your money, which is .. insulting.<br />
So .. 3 years ago .. you gave some money to someone who you thought was a friend. A true friend would not have let it get to this state unless they were very inconsiderate or still financially in dire straits. If the latter is the case and you still want to help, don't give any more money but try and help them in other ways. This could go hand-in-glove with accepting a schedule of small, affordable repayments.

Best Answer

Well said.

Best Answer

First, you have to remind her that she owes it. If it's been 3 years, she may have forgotten. Then, unless you have something in writing, you have to just hope, she will honor the debt. If she won't, there is nothing you can do to MAKE her pay.

Best Answer

You are absolutely right! If she is sincere, she would offer even to pay in installments.

Best Answer

simple ...just ask her...say now your having a hard time and really need the money back...your happy to help her out...but now your the one in need

Best Answer

Send Buba over to "convince" her that not paying is a very bad idea. If she was crying when she borrowed the cash, a little more crying may convince her to give it back.

Best Answer

small claims court?

Best Answer

if she hasnt payed you back in three years she has no intention of doing so. your gonna have to be pushy. if she was really your friend she would have payed it back with a smile and a thank you. not mess you around. mention it whenever you see her until she is so tired of hearing it she coughs up.

Best Answer

Good luck<br />
or something like, I wanted to ask if you could possibly afford to pay me back. IO am going through some tough times myself.<br />
Actually on second thought just chalk it up to women crying and consider it a loss. If she or he hasenbt said anything about paying you back in three years that money has been forgotten. So forget it!

Best Answer

It's hard when you lend money.

Best Answer

It is, but I thought she was sincere and I had money to spare...

Best Answer

I have been stung at times, hope she comes through for you.

Best Answer

Ya. How much? I never lend anyone money that I can't afford to not get back. It's a friend. I don't know. I don't usually expect to get money back when I 'lend' it.

Best Answer

Let's just say it can pay someone's hospital bill for a few days depending where you are.

Best Answer

Tell her to pay it back or you'll take it out of her ***.

Best Answer

Hmm, that's a nice thought.

Best Answer

How much ?

Best Answer