DarkestTrance DarkestTrance 36-40, F 14 Answers Dec 12, 2013 in Community

Our bodies are always changing. Some feel its for the worst so surgery prolongs the look of aging from appearing. Others think they don't fit the image in their head and never will so they have surgery.

Personally Id have surgery if I had the money. I wouldn't do it to make me "finally" happy over myself. Id do it because Id enjoy giving something to myself like a new pair of boobs (its not the size that counts).

Best Answer

Why aren't you satisfied with the boobs you have?

Best Answer

I have big boobs but they aren't as perky as I'd like. I would LOVE to be able to not wear a bra in public.

Best Answer

And I think I'm beautiful but if it was easy to change the way you looked, most anyone would have something done. It's all a matter of the persons mind-set. I already think I'm beautiful, I just want to add to it.

Best Answer

Well said

Best Answer

In general, people look for acceptance from society in order to feel good about themselves. They think "if society accepts me, I'm a good person - if society doesn't accept me, there must be something wrong with me." Combine this with the fact that throughout history, there have been normal standards of beauty among different societies, then it is easy to see why many people would want to change their bodies - to fit in, be accepted, and not feel like something is wrong with them. It comes down to looking for acceptance from others, rather than just accepting yourself for who you are.

Best Answer

Wonder who or what determined those standards

Best Answer

I'm sure various factors play a part, but if I had to wager a bet, I would say those who are most influential. Let's take the American standard of female beauty, for example - tall, long-legged, skinny. Why is this the standard? Simply because of all the movies and especially magazines featuring women who (with some air-brushing) fit that particular mold. Who decided this was what a model should look like? Whoever the editors were at the time the current trend started set the wheels in motion. People are interesting animals - alone we are full of individuality and intelligent ideas. Put in a group, we seek a leader and obediently follow. It would have taken only a few people who were outspoken about what "beauty" should be to get the ball rolling and have everyone jump on the bandwagon.

Best Answer

Couldn't agree more....but before the press?

Best Answer

If you mean medieval Europe, then I'm sure the standard of beauty would have been the royalty and/or aristocracy. However, I'm not too sure that peasants were concerned with their bodies. Surely, though, chambermaids would have taken their cues from those they served.

Best Answer

Yes...crazy things people do for beauty, sticks a bone in her ear, caveman style..

Best Answer

I'm not sure that The Flintstones TV show is a reliable reference.

Best Answer

social pressure of what's deemed acceptable through the decades.

Best Answer

To try and fit in our so called world. So society won't judge them.

Best Answer

'cause they have have still not recognised what they are and think that changing bodies will make them get it.....

Best Answer

Fashion of the era

Best Answer

The spirit is willing and the flesh is weak

Best Answer

Not everyone is satisfied with the way they look naturally. (for example some people wear make up)

Best Answer

The vanity of the fruitless persuit of perfection.

Best Answer