lifehurts12 lifehurts12 22-25, F 16 Answers Nov 12, 2012 in Health

I used to be addicted to both, and Once I quit, I felt like ****. I felt like I needed it, my emotions went off the charts, but I kept persisting. Now i can run faster than farther than I could before, I feel so much HEALTHIER. My lungs are repairing, my teeth aren't stained yellow (that took a while to get rid of) and my memory is slowly getting better. <br />
Honestly, it feels SO good to be free of those addictions. Believe me, you'll just feel SO much better. You just have to get passed the first few weeks when things get hard. There are a lot of ways to quit, different ways work for different people. These worked for ME. They may not work for you, but i advise you give them a shot.<br />
1. FAMILY SUPPORT. This is the biggest thing. Get them on your side, especially a partner or a sibling. Someone you can talk to about your addictions. Get them to help you out. Support is so necessary for when you crash. I don't know where I'd be without my family and friends.<br />
2. HOBBIES. Find something else to occupy the time that smoking took up. Whether its something to keep your hands and mouth occupies (Woodwork, sculpting, art, scrapbooking, photography, anything) or eating a lollipop or chewing a chewie.<br />
3. Nicorette patches! When you need a bit of nicotine, buy a nicotine patch. Or one of those nicotine inhalers. I don't know if you have them where you are, but in Australia they are called Nicorette. They help relieve some tension.<br />
4. Keeping a journal! Sounds really dumb, but worked for me. Instead of taking out all my frustrations in my partner, I fumed into a book and a blog. FIlled with profanity, hate and all sorts of things. It worked. And NOBODY had to suffer it. Either that or invest in a punching bag! <br />
So there are some things you can do. Any questions just message me!

Best Answer

Benefits: you won't have emphysema or lung cancer, you'll save money, your skin will be better looking/more youthful.<br />
Tips: You just got to decide to be done with it. Neither is good for you.

Best Answer

Chantix worked for me and I did have some funny dreams but nothing bad.<br />
Benifits, $$$ You will have a lot of money that you don't have now !<br />
Just 1 pack per day is now $6 x 365 days a year $2190 Each Year Spent on cigarettes. <br />
Think of it like this, a person that smokes 2 packs per day is smoking a new car every 4 years !

Best Answer

WOW You must be in New York $15 x 365 = $5475 per year !

Best Answer

Pro-tip : Stop doing them with the various aids on the market<br />
Benefits : Increased lung power, health, and reasoning

Best Answer

Your body will thank you.

Best Answer

Absolutely!

Best Answer

It will save you a ton of money now if you dont buy them. And another ton of money in health costs later as you live a longer healthier life.

Best Answer

Don't light up. It's really that simple. Bennies? Are you serious?

Best Answer

Tip: Stop smoking both. No whining and moaning. Just make up your mind to quit.<br />
Benefits: No risk of lung cancer and other respiratory ailments. No jail time for weed possession or related troubles and you retain the use of a fully operating brain.

Best Answer

Cigarettes are worse for you- I'd suggest working on breaking the habit (if you can afford the gum), then slowly weaning yourself off that to minimize withdrawal. For weed- if you feel like you have to stop, just try preoccupying yourself. Weed shouldn't cause that much withdrawal- symptoms that may be present are likely caused by a psychological attachment.<br />
Benefits? With cigarettes..well..stopping would keep you from suffering more damage than you already have. Long-term effects are serious. If possible, it's best not to start.

Best Answer

There are also the financial aspects...But I'm not going to go into that.

Best Answer

Stop one at a time. Ciggys first I reckon. Benefits in your wallet and your health. 24 hour patches are cheaper than smoking and give you amazing dreams.

Best Answer

Life...........................

Best Answer