I always did like Greek mythology. That's where heaven and hell come from. Check the bible and get back to me - barely if at all mentioned.

Best Answer

I KNOW the bible. Trust me.

Best Answer

Quotes pls re: heaven hell.

Best Answer

It's true. Most references to hell (if you look at the original translatoin) are actually talking about a physical place outside of the city that we call the city dump.

Best Answer

Your question is an oxymoron. You mad bro? I'm serious you seem mad.

Best Answer

Exactly, makes you think doesn't it?

Best Answer

Yes, makes me think you are failing to understand. You do realize accepting a premise as a hypothetical in order to make a point is not the same as just accepting it altogether?

Best Answer

If you say so.

Best Answer

*Sigh* That's not the right attitude to have a discussion with.

Best Answer

Why? Want me to keep trying when I don't have to?

Best Answer

You don't have to but I see no point in you continuing to reply to me if your not willing to have an adult discussion. At the moment your doing the intellectual equivalent of throwing a tantrum because your not getting your way.

Best Answer

I am no child nor an adult, this is merely talking. I do not speak lies nor do I speak gibberish. I only speak the truth and nothing more.

Best Answer

I'm sure you genuinely believe what your saying but its certainly not the truth. As for this being mere talking, mere talking is what makes humanity great. Never underestimate the value of communication.

Best Answer

To you it's not but to me it's the truth for it's God's truth.

Best Answer

But god is the lie.

Best Answer

In your opinion.

Best Answer

Absence of evidence is evidence of absence. Show me evidence and I will take you seriously. The logical and rational position is disbelief.

Best Answer

I heard an incredible Christmas sermon about Mary, how she was told that she was one whom was favored by God, and yet she suffered immensely. Did that mean that He was absent? No, not at all, everything did work out in the end. Jesus is a name that everyone knows, even if not everyone believes. His promises did come to fruition in the end, but even Mary suffered, one whom God favored. The point of the sermon was that even if you are suffering, it does not mean that God is not there. I guess... I liked it. It was a satisfying answer for me.

Best Answer

Very nice.

Best Answer

I like that. Plus she literally carried God into the world, suffering for his (and everyone's) sake. So too are we all responsible to manifest the divine, I heard a priest preach once.
Then there's good ol' Job, cursed (and later blessed) because God knew he could handle it.

Best Answer

There is no hell, life is just a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Best Answer

There you go.

Best Answer

Repenting means to forgive yourself? I would say that forgiving yourself is much more productive than asking your invisible space god for forgiveness.

Best Answer

Yes that's what repenting is, realizing you've done wrong and you forgive yourself for it. But if you do not forgive yourself, how could God or anyone else do the same?

Best Answer

I don't require forgiveness from a character in a book of fairy tales.

Best Answer

Then why did you bother answering this question?

Best Answer

I enjoy discussions with theists. It is entertaining to see how they try to explain their irrational beliefs.

Best Answer

That is your opinion. I have my reasons for believing just as you have as many reasons for not believing.

Best Answer

Fair enough. I respect your right to believe whatever you choose. Thank you for the conversation.

Best Answer

Welcome, good day to you.

Best Answer

This world belong to the "Prince Of Darkness" who is the "Enemy". This is why there's so much destruction on this "Earth". "God" said "He would never "For sake "Us" so I put my trust and faith in "God" and I will not "For sake "God" under no circumstances". Read "Footprints" and understand who carries you when you're in despair.

Best Answer

heaven and hell are mindsets of precious little similarity, and that in their extremity. that's the view from where I sit (upstage left of center). <br />
god and lucifer (our respective father and cousin in this narrative) are very special mirrors, as all things are mirrors. even the atheist satanists revere the image of lucifer. wish I remembered that Milton quote about a hell of heaven and a heaven of hell and all that jazz.<br />
anywho. words.

Best Answer