RaulDerst RaulDerst 36-40, M 6 Answers Dec 15, 2012 in Food

Chia seed, tofu of course, tempeh, miso<br />
Other beans in moderation<br />
Be sure you get your vitamin B-12, too! That is what is most lacking in the vegan diet.<br />
I'm no longer vegan, but I used to be.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

I forgot about chia seeds in my answer. I have heard of them, but only one place has sold them in my area, but I think they may have discontinued them. They weren't there when Iooked. I can't wait to try them

Best Answer

Soy, beans and lentils, grains like quinoa, and veggies like kale, broccoli, and sprouts.

Best Answer

I don't know about the glucose, but I do know that one of the most protein-rich foods known, is hemp seeds, or hemp hearts, as they're sometimes called. They also have an extremely high amount of Omega-3, and other Fatty acids, which are usually found in fish.

Best Answer

huh, I never heard of that. I will have to look for some

Best Answer

88g of hemp hearts are supposed to have all the nutrients the body needs, in exactly the right amounts, according to http://www.hemphearts.com/
According to the legends, Siddhartha Gautama (Buddha) lived off of them for 7 years, while he meditated. (Sorry, random facts, are my thing, lol!) xD

Best Answer

You don't want or need soy protein. It is not good for a man. So go to a health food store and find alternative veggie protein There is hemp and pea protein. I use Nature's Way Alive Ultra Shake and their multi liquid vitamins too. Great stuff I am not vegan but you will find it works well for you then.. You will see other alternatives to soy there too. One interesting one is Inca Grains powdered drink mix. It has quinoa pronounced keenwa it is a good source of protein too.

Best Answer

I am very healthy with absolutely no disease, or high cholesterol, and I am also in good shape, and all I worry about is eating a variety of healthy foods, whether I like them or not- taste buds change. I eat real whole grains like brown/ wild rice, etc. I eat seeds such as quinoa, and nuts such as walnuts, I will stick to only a piece of fruit or two a day such as a piece of whole fresh fruit rather than drinking a cup of sunny d and calling it good. I don't eat anything with extra sugar. I eat legumes everyday, I eat sea veggies, and green leafy veggies which is important to get every day in generous sized amounts. This has been the hardest for me on my tase buds. Try out new recipe's all the time, don't fry stuff, eat things you've never heard of before and prepare them as directed. Eating vegan is so good for people. The people who have the highest life spans in america are seventh day adventists who stick with God's original plan for eating. I'm not a seventh day adventist, but their longer life spans testify that their beliefs work for our bodies. :) oh ya, and avocado

Best Answer

My staples are flax/raw oats with maple syrup, and blending all my fruits and veg into a juice (with the fiber). Roasted soy beans, and not on the vegan menu, eggs. But I get hungry still, and I haven't found the proper food(s) to quell that. Maybe it is a matter of diversity. Thanks for your answer, please don't delete it, because I might reference it at some point.

Best Answer

Thanks. Flax is good to keep around as well. I have ground flax meal that I sprinkle over creamy soups sometimes made of a variety of lentils or split peas with lots of veggies that I cook until soft then puree in a blender. I'm glad to have been of some help :)

Best Answer

I will be waiting around for the vegans as well...I could use some tips

Best Answer