I struggle with anxiety and depression and I believe that medication isn't 'necessarily' the answer it can be a bandaid solution to go along with another type of therapy or, it can be what someone needs. I'm trying to explore other avenues with medication and everyday I become more aware of myself and am willing to improve myself. My question to you is, have you ever gotten over your anxiety and/or depression and how did you do it?
TheWicked TheWicked 26-30, F 9 Answers Jun 15 in Health

Yes. With medication. Stay on it. Try to go off and if it comes back, go on it again. I'm too busy to sit around trying to figure out why and too many people deoend on me for me to be worried. With me, I am convinced it is hormonal or chemical vs from negative thinking.

Best Answer

medication can, regardless of what you believe in, help with reducing anxiety and depression to the point where you can think "straight" again, and start making "better" decisions

Best Answer

Google Dialectical Behaviour Therapy. It teaches coping strategies for anxiety. Lots of information online.

Best Answer

I'm sorry I missed this answer and thank you I will right now.

Best Answer

Yes....it took me a while but I did cognitive therapy in conjunction with an antidepressant. I learned to control the anxiety and I learned what the real core issue was regarding my depression.

Best Answer

That's admirable and I was actually thinking I should do this as well.

Best Answer

Likewise! I think the therapy is also an important part of it.

Best Answer

I highly recommend it because anxiety and depression can take up such a huge part of our lives !

Best Answer

Can destroy good things sometimes.

Best Answer

Yes, it certainly can Wicked.

Best Answer

Yes, I do currently take anti-depressants. Medication isn't exactly a Band-Aid solution, it's there to help you cope in an easier way while you try to sort stuff out.. so that it's less heavy on you.

Best Answer

Interesting perspective.

Best Answer

Yes, I have.

Best Answer

What's your story, how did you do it?

Best Answer

Like Origin, I got on the RIGHT medication. It wasn't easy because finding what works for you can be a rough road. However, it sure beats feeling so awful.

Best Answer